Ice racing shifters

GeorgeHenry, If you go to Aspen this winter be sure to make plans to see me about taking care of that item on your bucket list. With the nice weather we have been having it may be January before the lake is ready.

I bet there are tons of lakes frozen over this Polar Vortex , ice karting would be awesome now. Any body have done it yet any videos

Did you see any studs in those tires I didnt. Thats a heel of a burm to rub on the high side betch ya dont jump that like the sprint boys do.

Did you see any studs in those tires I didnt. Thats a heel of a burm to rub on the high side betch ya dont jump that like the sprint boys do.

What they do around here is drill through the tire and put studs or bolts through the tires, then put tons of tire slime! I know I have had another kart run over my arm or shoulder in an accident, thank God I wasn't racin on ice, that would really rip a guy up.

Saw some tires used for that at Greenwood Lake, N.Y., had 10-32 bolts nuts and washers sharpened bolt ends, must've weighed an extra 10 lbs., looked a little too dangerous for me.

Here is a pic of nails and chains tires I have used. Got that method from Bob Vering years ago. We have eight karts ready for victims in the seats and have done some testing on the lake. I just need George to leave the warm country and show up with his video cam. Next week and weekend the weather looks good but the last few days the winds have been polishing the ice.
https://www.facebook.com/rodney.ebersole.1 Further down on my timeline there is a video of Lo206's and my rotax doing some laps on the lake. Last year the video camera failed when we had a great time with a few shifters going at it.

Guys for all you northern that gets lots of snow, and ice here is the ticket for winter racing . Just click on the link and enjoy. That is on my bucket list.

http://jalopnik.com/all-i-want-to-do-is-go-russian-ice-shifter-karting-1463026944?
These guys are having waaay to much fun. Looks kinda' like kart dodge ball. Dodge guys coming the wrong way on the track,
multiple spins and complete ignoring of the flags. NICE wide track!!!
Set it up for somewhere in northern Michigan, between Christmas and New Years.

Back