Icon chassis

neal555

my grandson wants to get into karting. He bought am Icon chassis. Not sure the year. I quit racing in 2008, and never heard of an Icon chassis. Can someone tell me where its out of, if their competitive...anything helpful!! Thanx!!

KKania17

They should still work 👍 got a slightly bent frame with 2 races since new hanging on the wall been dying to get components for lol

flattop1

Dawg 89
57 left, 46.5 to 47 nose, 63 cross (or more if you can get it biting well), +3/8, -3 Camber. , 7 and 10 castor, 1.5 front stagger, 1.25 rear.

neal555

It's a phantom chassis from 07-09 or 10 I believe. Local Saturday nights it'll still be a competitive chassis. You can go on phantoms website and get a baseline for setup numbers.
found it!! If he buys it, he has to put a cage on it...not sure even where we'd get one...We live in Vt...

found it!! If he buys it, he has to put a cage on it...not sure even where we'd get one...We live in Vt...
Where do you plan to run? Some places run rocker karts where you can get a bolt on/floating cage. If it is a track that only runs champ karts you will have to move the bearing hangers back 2" (42" wheel base) and have a cage welded on.

neal555

Where do you plan to run? Some places run rocker karts where you can get a bolt on/floating cage. If it is a track that only runs champ karts you will have to move the bearing hangers back 2" (42" wheel base) and have a cage welded on.
originally, the plan was to bolt on a cage, but then, having to add the 2 inches became more of a pain. So we're gonna look for a used champ kart...