Icon chassis

neal555

my grandson wants to get into karting. He bought am Icon chassis. Not sure the year. I quit racing in 2008, and never heard of an Icon chassis. Can someone tell me where its out of, if their competitive...anything helpful!! Thanx!!

They should still work 👍 got a slightly bent frame with 2 races since new hanging on the wall been dying to get components for lol

It's a phantom chassis from 07-09 or 10 I believe. Local Saturday nights it'll still be a competitive chassis. You can go on phantoms website and get a baseline for setup numbers.
found it!! If he buys it, he has to put a cage on it...not sure even where we'd get one...We live in Vt...

found it!! If he buys it, he has to put a cage on it...not sure even where we'd get one...We live in Vt...
Where do you plan to run? Some places run rocker karts where you can get a bolt on/floating cage. If it is a track that only runs champ karts you will have to move the bearing hangers back 2" (42" wheel base) and have a cage welded on.

Where do you plan to run? Some places run rocker karts where you can get a bolt on/floating cage. If it is a track that only runs champ karts you will have to move the bearing hangers back 2" (42" wheel base) and have a cage welded on.
originally, the plan was to bolt on a cage, but then, having to add the 2 inches became more of a pain. So we're gonna look for a used champ kart...

Back