Icon motor stop

496 BB

I know on my old kart I had a bolt that I used to make a motor mount stop meaning it would not move back any more. I dont have this on this Icon and was wondering what people have done to fix the mount from sliding back when racing. Last weekend it chewed my sprocket guard up.

I also have the floating chain drive system. Not sure if I like the idea yet. Please advise. I run outboard clutch so its all the way to left now. Can I move axle off center to left so floating notch will be in center of driver?

do you have a phantom mount? if not you need one. no bolt to hold you would have to fab something.
yes you could move the axle over a bit. the new ones are pretty short that is going to be your limiting factor. set screws and collars or allen bolt through the bearing, otherwise you'll have to go with a standard hub.

if your old kart had the stop for the mount I'm thinking you also are using an old mount probably one of the older 2-pc mounts that used the stamped steel butterflies with the single bolt in the center ? If that's the case do like flattop1 said and either pick up a Phantom mount or maybe one from PMI

Just put an axle collar behind the motor mount to keep the motor from moving back.
The floating hub works great, I've been using mine on my 09 since it was new and it's never failed me, btw I run a billet sudam 131 with 55+hp and the floating hub still works great.

Yea I traded the PRC flip mount. Didnt like it as I need motor all way to the right to fit outboard clutch and not burn my arm. Im a bigger upper body. I like the axle collar idea. I was thinking along the same lines. Thanks.

I will try to move axle tonight to get slide hub working right.

Back