Icon push

07racingg

I have a 08 icon that I can’t get a push out of, ive tried everything under the sun the only thing that has seemed to work is running low cross but everywhere I’ve read it says to atleast have 63 to 68 cross

Push where ? What class and weight ? which tires ? what are the rest of your numbers ? what are your cambers ? What size track ? How much rear stagger ? Rear wheel spacing how far from RR inside edge of wheel to cassette hanger ? how far on LR ? need to confirm all other numbers If there all good then cross might only need to be 60 % which for stock adult I believe 60 % to 63 % is there recommended cross, Or if all other things are good it could be all tires.

Last edited:
Interesting! Everyone says more but you find that less helps? It seems we're in a quandaryr. Read my sig.
I've always thought this; a push is caused by one of two things, too little front bite, too much rear bite. Too major reasons, on a Sprint kart, the rear is too narrow or the front is too wide. Not enough weight on the front is another. Of course that's on the Sprint kart, and it seems, there's no comparison to an LTO, at least that's what I'm told. Nothing to prevent you from trying!!

Interesting! Everyone says more but you find that less helps? It seems we're in a quandaryr. Read my sig.
I've always thought this; a push is caused by one of two things, too little front bite, too much rear bite. Too major reasons, on a Sprint kart, the rear is too narrow or the front is too wide. Not enough weight on the front is another. Of course that's on the Sprint kart, and it seems, there's no comparison to an LTO, at least that's what I'm told. Nothing to prevent you from trying!!
I don't know where your reading everyone saying more cross helps a push, If cross is the only issue ( which I doubt it is ) for a push you always lower it, this is phantoms page for oval racing chassis doubt they appreciate you giving out sprint kart advise to try, they want to see there customer get best info needed, I'm sure James will chime in when he sees this.

Push where ? What class and weight ? which tires ? what are the rest of your numbers ? what are your cambers ? What size track ? How much rear stagger ? Rear wheel spacing how far from RR inside edge of wheel to cassette hanger ? how far on LR ? need to confirm all other numbers If there all good then cross might only need to be 60 % which for stock adult I believe 60 % to 63 % is there recommended cross, Or if all other things are good it could be all tires.
ill have to get back with you on all my numbers but I’m close to all the numbers phantom recommends besides cross, I read on here awhile back the LR slugs need to be in the bottom hole with the holes on the slugs being down also but I couldn’t get no cross out of it so I flipped them around and got the cross up to 64 and I ran it this past weekend and had to undo all of it hoping it would fix the push and to make up for the cross I lost I moved washers. I now have one on top of the lf and one on bottom for rf.

ill have to get back with you on all my numbers but I’m close to all the numbers phantom recommends besides cross, I read on here awhile back the LR slugs need to be in the bottom hole with the holes on the slugs being down also but I couldn’t get no cross out of it so I flipped them around and got the cross up to 64 and I ran it this past weekend and had to undo all of it hoping it would fix the push and to make up for the cross I lost I moved washers. I now have one on top of the lf and one on bottom for rf.
With only 1 washer on RF bottom and 1 on LF top cross should be high now.

Nose-46.4 left 57.2 cross 58 stock light HT3 camber .25 lf rf is -3 1/6th mile track 1 inch roll out rr is as close as it will go to the frame without hitting. I went off the rr and measured out 39.25 for the rear and I had the rear pins right I flipped the LR to try to get cross up because I couldn’t do it with washers or weight

Last edited:
Nose-46.4 left 57.2 cross 58 stock light HT3 camber .25 lf rf is -3 1/6th mile track 1 inch roll out rr is as close as it will go to the frame without hitting. I went off the rr and measured out 39.25 for the rear and I had the rear pins right I flipped the LR to try to get cross up because I couldn’t do it with washers or weight
So with now only 1 washer on bottom of RF and only 1 washer on top of the LF you only have 58 % cross ? All the other numbers look close some 1/6th mile might require little more rear stagger than 1".

First thing I'd be figuring out way only 58 % cross with washers totally jacked both sides you should be able to get a lot more, then once I figured that out even up washers more balanced set it at 60 % cross, Then I'd take a good look at my tire program and adjust on it adding some bite if nothing else, then if i still had the push I'd move the RR out a quarter inch, and take 2 flats of RF neg camber out of it.
Good Luck !!

Im wondering about total weight ?
Possible bent spindle , king pin or chassis .
Not many new low race icons left .
We never got high cross really at 410 .
58% is quite low maxed out .

Im wondering about total weight ?
Possible bent spindle , king pin or chassis .
Not many new low race icons left .
We never got high cross really at 410 .
58% is quite low maxed out .
[/QUOTE
I believe it is bent I’ve went completely through it, I will say this if it is, it’s not very noticeable

First thing I'd be figuring out way only 58 % cross with washers totally jacked both sides you should be able to get a lot more, then once I figured that out even up washers more balanced set it at 60 % cross, Then I'd take a good look at my tire program and adjust on it adding some bite if nothing else, then if i still had the push I'd move the RR out a quarter inch, and take 2 flats of RF neg camber out of it.
Good Luck !!
Yessir appreciate it

Back