Icon rear pills

When you run the 1/8 pills in the rear as phantom recommends, is the stamped number facing up or facing down?

Is the recommendation to have the axle as low as possible?

Thanks!

I currently have them 1/16 numbers up. If I swap them to 1/8 numbers down would that increase or decrease cross and if so how much?

Usually cross is done using the Washers on the front kingpins. Phantom makes an X factor front spindle to get more cross.. I used them on all Icons and Seraphs.
Like Flattop1 Said Left rear pill 8 hole down right 0 hole in middle.
Usually the stagger will have more effect on cross.
Most run 32 1/2 left front. 34 both right side and depending on track about 33 on left rear. That and the X factor spindle should give you up to upper 60's in cross.
Really important to keep tires the same size every race. The left side will tend to get bigger especially the left front. and right side will tend to get smaller , wrecking havoc on your cross. AND your handling!!!
I haven't looked at the pills in so long I can't remember where the numbers go. Just look at the hole. Is it on top or bottom. It is one of those things that you just setup once and leave them alone. The pills just set the rake of the frame.

I do adjust cross with washers and stagger. Just curious as to what changing the pills would do with my current setup.

Flattop said number down and you said hole down, and every conversation about icon pills on here seems to be mixed results of hole down or number down which are completely different settings with a 1/4 difference from one another.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210718-084857~2.png
    Screenshot_20210718-084857~2.png
    466.9 KB · Views: 21
I do adjust cross with washers and stagger. Just curious as to what changing the pills would do with my current setup.

Flattop said number down and you said hole down, and every conversation about icon pills on here seems to be mixed results of hole down or number down which are completely different settings with a 1/4 difference from one another.
Just look at the difference in the pills, and how much material is left between the bottom of the hole to the bottom of the pill, seems to me to lower the frame from 0 the hole would have to be down, Am I missing something thinking about it wrong.

Just look at the difference in the pills, and how much material is left between the bottom of the hole to the bottom of the pill, seems to me to lower the frame from 0 the hole would have to be down, Am I missing something thinking about it wrong.
That's how I am looking at it too, but maybe I'm over analyzing it?

Apperantly I miss spoke .
LTG said .
On the Icon I like 1/8 slugs hole down bottom hole LR; zero slugs bottom hole RR. When I took rake out of the back of the kart it tended to like to knock down the fence.

Todd

Last edited:
Correct .
I had it pictured wrong .

Look at it this way. The numbers are there for the only purpose of identifying the difference in the pills Has nothing to do with how the pills are installed.
I have owned and raced both Icon and Seraphs. the pills go hole down. They put the numbers where there is room , it would be impossible to put the 1/8 below the hole. If you do put the number down, Notice that the number is now upside down.
Yes if you put the hole up IT Will increase cross. But you will have very ill handling kart. I have tried it. Did not work out well for me. That is one reason Phantom came out with the Xfactor spindle , to increase the cross with hole down for better handling and speed. I am assuming that you are racing oval tracks.

Back