Icon wiggy bar

CMR4749

I've been running a 2007 icon for many years now with the wiggy bar on it and I never tried it without it. I was going to pull it off and try it without it. I wanted some input if I should take it off and if I do what should I expect pros cons? I run on a asphalt 1/8 mile on Vega mcs with a clone and I'm about 5 foot 9 and 180 pounds. Thanks

I race at Pomfret speedway in Connecticut and run in the flat kart clone heavy class
We run Pomfret as well. I ran an icon champ kart last year with either a clone or lo206. Started with the wiggy bar and took it off and had better results without it. Not sure how it will translate to your flat kart, but I think it would be worth testing.

We run Pomfret as well. I ran an icon champ kart last year with either a clone or lo206. Started with the wiggy bar and took it off and had better results without it. Not sure how it will translate to your flat kart, but I think it would be worth testing.
How did it feel when you took it off? I'm searching for a little speed so I think I'll deff test it out

Experimentation is the success of winning. Do it and see what happens. I have done things in the past that others said absolutely would not work. I never told them that it did. Icon should be spelled , TIRES, TIRES, TIRES, AIR PRESSURE.

Yeah I mean what does removing the bar do..and wouldn't sitting on the left rear be a good thing if you were heavy or on an asphalt track?
That's why I said remove it.
With it in place he could be overloading the right front.
Once they got the rear pills figured out on dirt the icon was fast

From my experience it works best with the wiggy bar I’ve had an icon since 2009 an took it off an didn’t like it gets through corner better with it that’s just my opinion you may like it better depends on driving style

From my experience it works best with the wiggy bar I’ve had an icon since 2009 an took it off an didn’t like it gets through corner better with it that’s just my opinion you may like it better depends on driving style
I worked with 4 and none had the bar, and all 4 had plenty of wins.
If you're super heavy on dirt you may need it.
On asphalt where grip isn't a problem you may not need it

Back