Ideal Tire Choice?

wild_child

A bunch of my buddies and I have been racing on shorter dirt tracks and I had been using older used tires and its time to get new ones. Track can be hard and dry, but also moist and tacky with a bit of a blue groove. What would be a good brand/model to use for a track like this. also running a slack chassis

A bunch of my buddies and I have been racing on shorter dirt tracks and I had been using older used tires and its time to get new ones. Track can be hard and dry, but also moist and tacky with a bit of a blue groove. What would be a good brand/model to use for a track like this. also running a slack chassis
Vague question as how we dont know where youre located, or even track you race at.
Simple answer though is what are the winners on.

Are you wanting to spec a tire so everyone's on the same thing?
Prep allowed or not?
There are tires that are hard and thick, that last forever; and there are tires that perform well. Generally, one is a trade off for the other.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back