If i could change one thing about karting...

spincycle

It would be how feature events are lined up. Whether time trials or passing points are used in qualifying, imo, the first half of the highest feature qualifiers should start on the inside rows and the second half should start on the outside rows...to me, it's a travesty to be 2nd high qualifier and get stuck outside front row and then inside row forms a freight train, hangs you out on the inside, with a lap, maybe two, you're near the back of the field and it will take a miracle or three to get back to the front...and...totally against this trend of single file starts in any race...

Thats not a bad idea .
Outside row diving down is still the same situation .
Not a fan of single starts either.
Fifth place kart on the front row
Doesn't seem quite right though.

Last edited:
Without todays armor, if you get under someone on the straight, entering or in a turn with your RF tire between their LF and LR, they will not come down on you they will move out from you.

Frankly I don't know why everyone does not run with the back of their RF tire exposed with room for an outside karts nose or wheel to hit the back of the RF tire and get launched.
Right side boards should angle in in the front.

Might need to strengthen the RF portion of kart frames but so be it.

It would be how feature events are lined up. Whether time trials or passing points are used in qualifying, imo, the first half of the highest feature qualifiers should start on the inside rows and the second half should start on the outside rows...to me, it's a travesty to be 2nd high qualifier and get stuck outside front row and then inside row forms a freight train, hangs you out on the inside, with a lap, maybe two, you're near the back of the field and it will take a miracle or three to get back to the front...and...totally against this trend of single file starts in any race...
Choose cone??

Kids play basketball baseball football. All for trophy. Why do we think we need to race for Money. I know it will never go back. Been doing this 30 years
Those all cost hundreds and racing costs thousands?? Big leagues certaintly pay..

Much cheaper to throw a football than it is to BUILD a racecar, drive and maintain it...

Apples and oranges..imo

If I could change one thing..

I'd be home in time for church the next morning, just one race night this season.

Hours and hours and hours...like 12, is CRAZYNESS to spend at a track when a race lasts about 5 minutes..
I will piggyback on yours and say that less classes= being home earlier. So for me less classes and you have 3 chances to start a feature if feature is not started no matter if money race or for trophy. Pack your stuff and head home cause there is no winner for your said class that night.

I will piggyback on yours and say that less classes= being home earlier. So for me less classes and you have 3 chances to start a feature if feature is not started no matter if money race or for trophy. Pack your stuff and head home cause there is no winner for your said class that night.
I don't know why tracks don't race Sat and Sun. Run Jr on Sunday or vice versa. Jr's show up on Saturday to watch the adults and stars of the sport, Sunday the adults show up with the Jr's to show them the ropes...EVERYONE WINS.

Tracks get paid twice, adults get to teach their kids, kids get to stay a.d.d. and we don't have to keep their attention for 12 hours..

My home track we have 9 or so classes usually 50 karts. Practice at 7 racing starts at 8. Every class races two heat races and a feature. And we're out of there by 11:30. Blows my mind how these other tracks can drag shows out.

My home track we have 9 or so classes usually 50 karts. Practice at 7 racing starts at 8. Every class races two heat races and a feature. And we're out of there by 11:30. Blows my mind how these other tracks can drag shows out.
Some tracks have 10-15+ classes. Run 2 heats and a feature with over an hour(seems like) intermission between heats and feature. We are lucky to get out of there before daybreak the next day most race days

Back