If tracks supplied your out of the box stock predator for racing by pill draw ...

The only problem I have with that is I like to show up early READY to race, not put a motor on but your right Paul cause It's ALWAYS the motor you know never set up or tires.

Racers would still complain because the points winner always got the good one. ... :)
Would be tough to do with inconsistent import junk motors.

But the top sprint kart races in the world all use parc fermes, chassis and motor pill draws, and after every session random people have to swap motors just to keep it as randomly fair as possible.

Each racer brings a motor, sets it on the numbered table and at designated time numbers are drawn. Track might provide a motor or two to throw in the mix or to replace a dog. Racer takes motor home and is responsible for oil, etc. to bring back next race. So many talked about doing this but too many want an advantage instead of even, fun racing.

So if they take it home they might not see the motor the remainder of the season. Depends on the draw. You might get the same motor so don't sabotage it.

So if they take it home they might not see the motor the remainder of the season. Depends on the draw. You might get the same motor so don't sabotage it.
I bet more would be cheated up than sabotaged. I know an asphalt track that required every late model to run a restrictor plate, kind of like NASCAR. Track owned, you signed them out of the year and gave them back at the end. They had more than 1 come back illegal every year.

THE ONLY WAY IT WILL WORK

If a track is running a points season for its locals..
*That racer must bring the track a Predator in a unopened box...
*The Racer also brings a spec throttle assy and Chain Guard as well
*The track assembles the engine and breaks them in
*The track marks the engines without the racers knowing one from the other
*Specific areas will be drilled and wired to detour anyone messing with them during the race day
*The racer draws for starting position and also for a random engine sitting in a line up
*The track would also buy a few extra engines to prepare in case someone comes in thats not in the points and wants to run the class, in that case the racer has to pay a rental fee as well.
*At the end of the night the racer removes engine and turns it in
*Track cleans them up, he also makes memos of complaints about possible engine issues and or it looking like its not running up to par.. Keeping records on the engines would be very important..
*The last race of the year the engine the racer gets is the one he takes home and it can NEVER be run in this class again, the ones that has a rental still turns it in to the track of course

Tires can as well be done this way, the track would inspect them at the end of the night to access no one prepped them, if so they can not ever race the class again, possible forfeit of tires and engine if a track wants to absolutely try to level the playing field.. I'd suggest Burris 33's regardless of track,,area etc in the usa..

This would be a 100% out of the box Predator race engine utilizing Governor, oem air box and Muffler..

I like the idea mentioned above by Dover.

Here is what I would add to that. The motor you bring to the track new in the box is your entry fee for the points class all year. No money payout all trophies and points rewards.

THE ONLY WAY IT WILL WORK

If a track is running a points season for its locals..
*That racer must bring the track a Predator in a unopened box...
*The Racer also brings a spec throttle assy and Chain Guard as well
*The track assembles the engine and breaks them in
*The track marks the engines without the racers knowing one from the other
*Specific areas will be drilled and wired to detour anyone messing with them during the race day
*The racer draws for starting position and also for a random engine sitting in a line up
*The track would also buy a few extra engines to prepare in case someone comes in thats not in the points and wants to run the class, in that case the racer has to pay a rental fee as well.
*At the end of the night the racer removes engine and turns it in
*Track cleans them up, he also makes memos of complaints about possible engine issues and or it looking like its not running up to par.. Keeping records on the engines would be very important..
*The last race of the year the engine the racer gets is the one he takes home and it can NEVER be run in this class again, the ones that has a rental still turns it in to the track of course

Tires can as well be done this way, the track would inspect them at the end of the night to access no one prepped them, if so they can not ever race the class again, possible forfeit of tires and engine if a track wants to absolutely try to level the playing field.. I'd suggest Burris 33's regardless of track,,area etc in the usa..

This would be a 100% out of the box Predator race engine utilizing Governor, oem air box and Muffler..
We did this a Norway Il both dirt track and sprint track, except it was "box stock" Briggs flat heads. The racer would "buy in" at the beginning of the year at a reasonable cost.
In today's world, I won't try it with the clone of the day. I would use L0206 and be done. Our "maintenance man" would keep them fresh and tuned and if a motor showed to be faster, it would be tweek to be the same as the rest.

Back