If You Could Have Your Pick.......

.....with an NOS Briggs 5hp Flattie, would you want the Flo-Jet equipped, or the Pulsa-Jet Equipped Engine? Just for an all-around General Use Engine.

So, one isn't more desired than the other? Maybe I should wait on Brian Carlson's reply.
Well you can count on Brian's reply to be in agreeance or very close to flattops. Understand he and Brian along with a few others are the TOP engine junkies on this forum. I Guarantee you can take anything Mr. Flattop 1 says to the bank. Take a seat you may learn something.😉

Is an NOS (Never Used) FloJet Engine worth about the same as an NOS (Never Used) PulsaJet Engine? Say THIS compared to THIS?

Attachments

• NOS IC 2.jpg
    NOS IC 2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 22
  • FloJet 5hp Briggs.jpg
    FloJet 5hp Briggs.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 21
If I wanted one to run 3600 RPM and that’s it I’d opt for the FloJet. If I wanted it on a kart or mini bike I’d get the PulsaJet. I have run both in both scenarios. My first go kart had a 6hp Briggs with a FloJet and an oil bath filter.

Well you can count on Brian's reply to be in agreeance or very close to flattops. Understand he and Brian along with a few others are the TOP engine junkies on this forum. I Guarantee you can take anything Mr. Flattop 1 says to the bank. Take a seat you may learn something.😉
Aww thanks but im just a plain ol farm boy .
Brian and plenty of others are much more versed .

Wow, I didn't realize I was in this much demand....LOL
Sorry guys, I only drink coffee in the mornings.

Application - that's what it's all about.
I prefer pulsa-jet carbs for simplicity.
Float style carbs work fine until you get on a rough surface, get dirt in the fuel, or get bad fuel (inlet needle/floats sticking, etc.)

As far as value...it's in the eye of the beholder.
I build race engines, so the float style or flo-jet would be of little value to me at all.
To a guy using it on a log splitter, it would be worth as much or more than the pulsa-jet since you can use a larger fuel tank with them too.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back