If you had a choice of open engine you would choose?????

i like tim taft's idea, he does his own lower cases to accept 250cc top ends for various motorcross engines, he say's some will make around 60 hp @ 11,000 rpm and they have twice the torque of a sudam :) sounds good to me.... and the price is very reasonable, and probably less then a new sudam.

Tim is a genius in some ways. This being one.

Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go ?
FAST!

Reliable, open and 50hp is not a combo that generally goes together. Forget industrial based, you're in the Wankle, JAWA and 2-cycle category.
Im sure it can be done. All the wankles ive looked at are out of the box. I bet they are very very pricey? Whats a JAWA? Im ok with two strokes but would like to stay air cooled.

BRC 150 get with Seay HiPerformance !
BRC looks to be a 125cc dirt bike engine hopped up? I'll look into it. Thanks guys. Let me ask you guys this. What do you think majority of the open class guys are making for hp? Mostly big blocks and sudams around here. some have snow mobil engines and a few 450r's. The tracks I race are smaller dirt tracks with little banking

BRC150 is a purpose-built engine, created and produced by a karter who also caters to the SuperKart category. Realllllly nice and far better engineered for a kart than a MX piece. IMO, of course.

i don't think the rear tires would hold up with that much torque?? very nice motor, $5,500.00!! is it a good deal? maybe, but i couldn't afford it...

The Mega engine pictured on the site mentioned is 650 cc's.
Max allowable cc's for 4 cycles is 510
Max allowable cc's for 2 cycles is 250

Max allowance for Wankel...is 249

The Mega engine pictured on the site mentioned is 650 cc's.
Max allowable cc's for 4 cycles is 510
Max allowable cc's for 2 cycles is 250

Max allowance for Wankel...is 249

PD you automatically assumed he is running the UAS rules. If He is running RWYB then the Mega would be an excellent choice.

I still have a complete 450 RMZ with a new complete rebuild kit that I got for free, still undecided what to do with it

Sedan is a car, Sudam is my engine, I own 3 of them,. 1 is a Buller stroker, and came with a dyno sheet that says 53 H.P., thanks Troy. They are good enough to win races, my next one will prolly be a 150 or a 250 on T.T. cases.

yea its rwyb around here. Most have a weight limit and that's about it. That mega is sick! I think a yz450f would be a better choice money wise!

I watched two Sudam's in southern ohio race the end of the year and they would give a big block honda FITS! Hell of a engine. I can't imagine a big cc 2 stroke against those big blocks!

i would invest in a sudam of 131- 141- 150 and run it all yr w/ very little maint! john hilton buller dealer and user for a number of years! jmho.

The Mega is HANDS DOWN raw power , I took my team members to Colorado to IMI race track and met Brad Linkus . And wow what a well made racing motor . We got to test drive it and it took over 2 weeks all of us to get the grin off our faces.. If ever UAS class was to increase the cc limit to 650cc I will be buying 2 of those motors in a heart beat. We are racing with the KTM 450 cc now and also Biland 250cc.
The BRC150 is nothing compare to this MONSTER

Back