If you quit Karting, what would you do....

This situation isn't hypothetical for me. I've got a little boy on the way this April, so it's time to hang up the helmet (at least for a while). My job is going to be getting all my ducks in a row, so if the day comes that he wants to start racing...we'll hit the ground running :)

This situation isn't hypothetical for me. I've got a little boy on the way this April, so it's time to hang up the helmet (at least for a while). My job is going to be getting all my ducks in a row, so if the day comes that he wants to start racing...we'll hit the ground running :)
Hi Schieber From what i have seen around racing. Families keep racing, kids see Dad Mom Son's Sisters racing or supporting each other. Kids end up wanting too give it a go. I never stopped My Daughter got to see what I doing, although she did not follow what i was doing. She saw it was some thing I enjoyed. I hope you can keep doing what you like, good luck in all you do.

Congrats... Now just dont go selling off everything you own, it will cost you twice as much to get it back.... Trust me on this...

Race diesel trucks...
Funny, I quit racing, truck pulling a diesel truck because it was to expensive and went to go kart racing. heres some vids of my black duramax. It now has ran a best of 11.63 at 116mph in the quarter mile. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJV_JzuWHs Im the first truck in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTs9ok6BfhU i am 23 seconds into this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRd3k7gQod4 This is a really old vid of me racin runnin 12.60's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDdDbtXB8Vo Im at 1:41 seconds. Truck is my tow truck now lmao. Runs mid 11's and tows my 16 foot box trailer every weekend with my kart in it. Talk about a sleeper!

go back to Drag racing motorcycles. There's nothing like going 0-210mph in 6.6 seconds !
The jump from 8:20 too FB or Prostreet is Astronomical and near zero pay back. Dragbike is a passion, but once you reach the zero to low fun meter limit it's over. In my case my engine builder did that for me. working together for 10-12yrs . Then put him self before me in safety. And took a pile of cash off me that was the end. Went back to some thing I have always liked KARTING .

Never thought I would quit. Drag racing for 10 years, kart racing for 20, during which time I promoted a track for 3 years, helped others promote 3 different tracks, was track vendor for parts at those same tracks, and assisted with a couple of WKA nationals. While the racing was fun, for me it was the friends and fellowship that made it all worthwhile. When I was a couple months shy of 60, it just wasn't as much fun. I had just bought a new champ, and had a year old trailer. Raced the new kart 6 times and decided with age, and my first grandbaby on the way, it was time. I sold everything, bought some land and built a new house which pleased the wife. I now have the time to spend with family, and have started woodworking which is fun. The real fun for me is the time with my granddaughter. I think I realize now how much time my racing took away from my family. My wife went as much as she could but our special needs son limited that greatly. I made life long friends at the race track. Some of them are the closest friends I have. The time to quit is different for each person. When it is time, you will know.
As we are now less than 2 days from Christmas, it is a good time to wish each of you a Merry Christmas.

I’m coming up on 50 years in the karting world; I don’t remember what it was like to not be involved. Even after I stopped driving I was still at the track a lot helping other people. I would still be doing that if I could. Let's face it, there's nothing like the smell of burning alky in the morning.
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.
Tuning is tough! (Al Nunley)

Re-viewing, reminiscing and searching for change this morning. The Golf game is coming around (karting is Not) and if I live 'long enough' i'll shoot my age! Any 'new' idea's out there? What HASN'T been done w/ a small motor yet? Saw a thing on 'Drifting' karts....Hummmm??

Restoring and selling mini-bikes is something to think on..Trouble is, I don't want to sell them. :) Loving the HOT ROD too..

I heard this years ago after a particularly HOT week at the IKF Sprint Kart Nationals.
Someone asked this guy what he was going to next? he replied," I am going to sell ALL the karts and parts for 10 cents on the dollar, throw in another $50 and by a 747 and take up flying."
kinda funny but true.

I have been quit 6 years and sold everything. I still miss it and would like to get back into it. No one in my family wants to do it and never really had any help at the track . At this time no hotrods m, no karts , just a lot of thinking. Trying to figure how to get retired .

Back