ignition Honda vs Clone

oneman

Are there any differences between the original Honda ignition coil and the Chinese clone coil?

I mean the experience of use, is there a difference in the strength of the spark and maybe there is a limit on the speed?

my friend offered me an original Honda coil for my clone, I said that I would think about it.

I would use the Honda coil if given the chance, based on the quality of Honda parts vs China parts in general. I wouldn't expect more spark though, just less chance of failure. I have an AKRA legal clone that was freshened up a while back and the guy that did the work offered me $100 for the coil, saying it was the hottest coil he had ever seen. So the China stuff could do it. Or not.

any after market flywheel will have a better magnet than any stock unit. the faster the motor spins the more powerfull the spark will be from coil. running 6000 rpm with a better magnet will produce a spark way more powerfull than any stock engine running 3500. Honda (smaller motorcycles as well) are all made in china FYI.

Honda parts are not legal in stock classes.
I'm not from the US, my class allows a non-factory ignition coil.
any after market flywheel will have a better magnet than any stock unit. the faster the motor spins the more powerfull the spark will be from coil. running 6000 rpm with a better magnet will produce a spark way more powerfull than any stock engine running 3500. Honda (smaller motorcycles as well) are all made in china FYI.
I use a PVL flywheel. The ignition coil my friend has is an old batch made in Japan.

Attachments

• Ignition coil.PNG
    Ignition coil.PNG
    427.2 KB · Views: 34
Back