IKF 4 cycle Speedway Nationals?

When we were in Lincoln for the New Years race, word was that the Grands were gonna be at Little Sunset in Omaha, in early July. Not sure why the announcement hasn't been made.

IKF January board meeting voted for little sunset pending signaturs of contracts. Assuming once contracts are signed IKF will make official.

ive never had the opportunity to run the grandnationals, being the fact that its in my back yard this year, was hoping to finally make it. ive only heard about "punches", exactly what are they, how many do I need, and where do I have to race to get them? thanks!

Sure hope it little sunset wants to have it this year they get more karts then they did last year and they fix the track from last year. When I went there was only one flathead one outlaw and one or two clones and they put them all together. Wasted my time driving there.

ive never had the opportunity to run the grandnationals, being the fact that its in my back yard this year, was hoping to finally make it. ive only heard about "punches", exactly what are they, how many do I need, and where do I have to race to get them? thanks!

It has been a long time since I raced any IKF national events, however, " getting your punches" used to mean you had to attend at least two other IKF sanctioned events prior to attending the Nationals--punch really meant participate in a sanctioned event. This was apparently done in an attempt to keep some "hot shots" from showing up and winning the Nationals yet they didn't support any other IKF events--sort of like having to run the ordinary low paying races to be allowed in the big money race. Now with the sanctioning bodies losing some of their control over racers and tracks, and with so many other sanctioning bodies and special series, it might be tough to require "punches". Somebody will chime in and let you know if there are other IKF sanctioned events to attend or if "punches" are still required at all? In the past, most race promoters affiliated with IKF would advertise their races prior to the Nationals as "sanctioned events...get your punch" in an effort to attract racers who might not otherwise race at their track. Good Luck!

It has been a long time since I raced any IKF national events, however, " getting your punches" used to mean you had to attend at least two other IKF sanctioned events prior to attending the Nationals--punch really meant participate in a sanctioned event. This was apparently done in an attempt to keep some "hot shots" from showing up and winning the Nationals yet they didn't support any other IKF events--sort of like having to run the ordinary low paying races to be allowed in the big money race. Now with the sanctioning bodies losing some of their control over racers and tracks, and with so many other sanctioning bodies and special series, it might be tough to require "punches". Somebody will chime in and let you know if there are other IKF sanctioned events to attend or if "punches" are still required at all? In the past, most race promoters affiliated with IKF would advertise their races prior to the Nationals as "sanctioned events...get your punch" in an effort to attract racers who might not otherwise race at their track. Good Luck!
If you have enough money you can by your way in ( waiver ) and skip supporting the local tracks. It's not like the old days anymore, you have to change the rules just to get people to come. Especially if it's just for a trophy.

Wednesday and a Thursday, why would they have them in the middle of the week when the normal person works for a living? You would think it would be a Friday &Saturday or a Saturday &Sunday??? Interesting

If you have enough money you can by your way in ( waiver ) and skip supporting the local tracks. It's not like the old days anymore, you have to change the rules just to get people to come. Especially if it's just for a trophy.

camdadracing:

Thanks for the update on how things work in the new world order of Karting. I suspect "punches" from the past era were also required to limit the chances of a WKA racer coming into an IKF event and leaving with the hardware, yet was not a supporter of IKF. The "waiver" concept makes this possible today and suggests the lack of influence the sanctioning bodies have today over the individual racers and tracks outside national events. Another post mentioned Newton having punch races--this track has been a supporter of IKF for decades and it is nice to see they still are.

So are today's National events attended like they used to be? As I recall it was not a big deal to have 800-900 entrants in years past. Does a "Duff" carry any prestige today?

CMac

Back