IKF KT100

Komet99

Got one for sale. Bore is about 52.4 if I remember. I havent raced it in 10 years. Needs complete rebuild. Comes with carb/filter cup. There is a Buller header on it that I used for a 1.875" KBDO. The pipe is junk though...too rusted. All peices are good. Ran when last shut down so it isnt seized or anything. Crank is straight.

Could I get 500 for it? It could come with motor mounts if needed with that price.

Yo , 500.00 for one that's been sitting for years and needs rebuild is quite a stretch, like Flattop said he sold one race ready for 350. I've got 10 of them from stock to open and understand that you can't give them away but 300.00 is about it for one that needs a complete rebuild JMHO later Chuck.

Just for example. I bought 2 engines with 1 pipe, 1 carb & 2 mounts for $100 a few weeks ago. One engine is complete & one had a broken crank that was torn apart. The second engine is missing some bolts & the coil but, I got another crank half with the lot to replace the broken half. One jug is a Y3 & the other is a Y4. Both bores (52.50 & 52.70) cleaned up nice with a light hone. The pistons look real nice with piston to bore at .003 on one & .004 on the other. Both "gold" rings are gapped at .008" - .010" (a little tight for my taste) and don't look like they have hardly any time on them. Both engines came with TCI's. Didn't really need them but, I couldn't pass up the deal!

And another example. I bought another engine almost complete with a Buller jackshaft for $200. No header & no carb but, I did get a MyChron temp lead. This one did need a compete rebuild which I am in the process.

Brian #89

Another issue is that tracks/series that run the KT100 engine are few and far in between, there just isn't a demand or market for them anymore, sadly, it is a great/simple engine package imo...😕

I feel you on the cheap to run aspect. intersting how a base model 2 stroke is on the mid level 4 stroke build, then once you get into the 30-40 hp range, 4 strokes are stupid expensive and might last the night of racing.

Thanks for the info on the pricing. Ive been out of this for a while and didnt know the value or demand.

Back