Im completely stumped

Sorry sor the lack of pressence on this one. Just thought id get back to you guys after some time. I had it figured out. It was spring pressure as jimbo and others had said. I was not able to get my hands on springs any higher than what i already had in it so i swapped in a less agressive cam i had on the shelf that didnt require as much spring pressure. Lone behold problems were resolved. Ran great. Then my arc crank broke in half and completely destroyed the whole motor block is shattered. Now we get to start all over. I appreciate the help guys.

I'm looking for the bushing / bearing for the flywheel side in your second picture and i don't see one.
The hole for the bearing looks awfully big.
What's up with that?

What do you mean by came unglued?
It should be a press fit into the block.

IMHO
I think things happened just the opposite. I think the bushing got loose in the block which caused the crank to bounce around which caused the block to crack which caused the crank to break.
What compression ratio.
If you don't know the compression ratio, how many cc's is the head with the gasket included and what is the bore and stroke?

Last edited:
This may have been the original problem
Flywheel contact with the coil. Or not that would seem to be visible on either one of them.
Unfortunately that's not the problem now.

If the flywheel hit the coil that's more evidence that the bushing either had too much clearance and the crank was bouncing around or that the bushing was not installed with enough interference fit and it came loose. Once the bushing comes loose and the crank can bounce around 8000 times a minute it won't last long.

Back