Im getting a little sick and tired...

spincycle

Of people making posts on here saying they're interested in buying stuff for karts, you give them what is probably more than you should details (hoping that will help make the sale) and then you never hear another word back from these.bottom feeders...either they're scanners phising for clues on how to try to hack you....or simply using a guys free information/knowledge without as much as a simple thank you to help them put together something of their own...🤨

Welcome to the internet. Some people just want to make a connection to someone, anyone so lonely. Make sure you save all that info so you can just copy and paste it to the next guy.

Of people making posts on here saying they're interested in buying stuff for karts, you give them what is probably more than you should details (hoping that will help make the sale) and then you never hear another word back from these.bottom feeders...either they're scanners phising for clues on how to try to hack you....or simply using a guys free information/knowledge without as much as a simple thank you to help them put together something of their own...🤨
Isnt that what this place is for, to help others? Many people give knowledge without ever thinking they are owed a thank you and are happy to do so. When and if we do get any acknowledgement its just a bonus.

Isnt that what this place is for, to help others? Many people give knowledge without ever thinking they are owed a thank you and are happy to do so. When and if we do get any acknowledgement its just a bonus.
But there are other ways to do it. If you want to know something instead of wasting peoples time just go ahead and post a thread to get that info not act like you are interested in someones product and you just end up wasting there time because they think you want to buy it.

A big reason I post on here, (pretty much every morning,) is to help folks in our sport. That investment in time sometimes comes with a sale, most times it does not. Some rewards are not measured at the cash register. Whether I make a sale or not, I'll be on here, in the shop, and at the track helping as many folks as I can.
Don't be too offended if someone asks you a gazillion questions only to buy that part elsewhere. That happens on a daily basis with our shop and it's just part of life.
Keep in mind too, that some of these folks asking questions are of the younger generation that may not know "proper" business etiquette yet. There are several youngsters (teenage) on here as well, that are still learning and I try to encourage our youth every chance I get -- afterall, they are the future of this sport.
If someone is asking 1000 questions about the internals on an engine, you can't hardly blame them when we are expecting them to buy something sight unseen. Sure, there are the occasional guys asking all those same questions so they can spec and build their own engine, or buy one elsewhere, but I think that most folks are genuinely interested when they message you. I suppose it's difficult for some to say they're "not interested" and instead just stop all communication after getting answers to all their questions.
A good example is a guy asks about a particular engine we have for sale, gets all the basic information answered, etc, etc, then asks for a quote on shipping. We take the time to figure that up and let him know... then crickets. My guess is, that meant that the shipping price was the deal breaker, and that's ok, just would be nice to hear that from the potential customer.

Frustrating at times, sure. Nothing to get upset about though. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Maybe I'm just too old school, but if I get on here asking questions, I do my best to at the very least, say THANK YOU to whomever responds....but I guess it's 2022 and it's the McDonald's drive thru mentality of giving the customer dirty looks and not saying a word to you as you go thru the drive-thru....☹

I’ve learned over the years that, “you can lead a horse to the water but you can’t make that horse drink it….”

I’ve had so many text, phone calls, emails, and visits to the shop/pit spot over the years that it just about drove me insane cause A) they think you are lying to them because well I’m fast and they think they should be fast too due to me helping them. B) I paid you to set this said kart up and I’m still mid pack, while showing up to the track and working on more than just tires and maybe a gear change. C) the list goes on…….

I take everything into consideration….. my execution could be a complete 180 to the next guy. It just matters if they are having fun or end up in the winners circle.

But there are other ways to do it. If you want to know something instead of wasting peoples time just go ahead and post a thread to get that info not act like you are interested in someones product and you just end up wasting there time because they think you want to buy it.
I understand you are younger, and you are looking at it as wasting peoples time. I look at it as helping to grow the sport by doing whatever i can to help karting. Im a business owner in a world of karting, i deal with people each and every day, and some of the questions i get would blow your mind, but i wake up everyday and do it all over again for just the love of the sport, and honestly being my own boss.
Its not wasting peoples time, you make up your mind whether its a positive or a negative. I choose positive, much happier life!!

I understand you are younger, and you are looking at it as wasting peoples time. I look at it as helping to grow the sport by doing whatever i can to help karting. Im a business owner in a world of karting, i deal with people each and every day, and some of the questions i get would blow your mind, but i wake up everyday and do it all over again for just the love of the sport, and honestly being my own boss.
Its not wasting peoples time, you make up your mind whether its a positive or a negative. I choose positive, much happier life!!
AMEN !! Brother

what's you number and when do you have a spare hour or two? i have a just a couple of questions ;):ROFLMAO:

I get where you are coming from earl in a business application. But he is talking about how people will ask about something you have but never get back to you. For example, Spin has a motor he would sell and lets just use an example...say I message him and asks for a build sheet as I was "interested" in motor and then spin sends me the built sheet and all the motor info...then I never respond. Because I only wanted to kick tires and get a good build on an open animal vs posting what a good build would be on here. I see this all the time and yes you will have people like that but it sucks sometimes that they waste your time. I mean its all about respect so why do that to someone who is selling something and stuff like that.

Back