Impact champ helmet pros/cons.....

Looking into buying one for the upcoming season. I've heard from someone that had one that the visibility is not that well due to the high nose bridge. I'm hoping to get some good info or ideas before I buy a new helmet.

Thx!

i have a impact charger and a simpson voyager....my son has the impact champ and he doesn't have any issues with it. in fact, he says that it's better than the bandit that he had...

i have a impact charger and a simpson voyager....my son has the impact champ and he doesn't have any issues with it. in fact, he says that it's better than the bandit that he had...

Thanks Mike. Do you like the Charger? It's a bit of a toss up between the two.

Used a Charger for 6 years then went to a bell gtx 2. Difference is night and day. Lots more visibility out of the bell.

Looking into buying one for the upcoming season. I've heard from someone that had one that the visibility is not that well due to the high nose bridge. I'm hoping to get some good info or ideas before I buy a new helmet.

Thx!

Here is the biggest problem. The brand is called "Impact". If I have to spell it out for you...

Had a champ Nice helmet poor visability Could not see out of it with laydown seat. Too much strain on the neck. Bought the charger problems solved

Ran the champ for a while. I had no issues.
Can see out of it on the track just as well as my simpson vudo.

My son said the same thing. He used to have a bandit and switched to the mini champ and loved it but now it's too small for him so I'm gonna get him an adult impact champ.

the voyager has a wide view port....for me a little too tall and I have to tape up about half of the shield to block the sun...that's the only issue with the voyager. the charger is a great helmet but with the Valhalla 360 device, the lip on the forward bottom edge keeps the helmet up a little too high, but I pull the Valhalla down snug and it works fine for night driving with an amber shield. I recommend any helmet that is fairly priced, that fits your noggin and provides the level of protection that you desire....and that doesn't mean that you have to buy a stilo for $1000+

d-d-dawg....not wanting to start anything, but what issues do you have with the impact brand of helmets? did you have one and it was too tight? seems that everything that is posted or asked gets a negative comment....just askin mind you!

had the voyage on when I flipped....the Valhalla did it's job perfectly! and the helmet? not a scratch...not even a boo-boo mark....

My son had a Vega that didn't fit his head particularly well, so I got him an Impact Mini Champ.. The Champ definitely has less of a sight hole in it, but he never once mentioned anything about it. He drives a sprint kart with an upright seat, so he doesn't have any trouble seeing over it like KWHIT9 mentioned.

everything would have been ok...that is until my son (who was behind me when it happened) got home....."wow mom!! you have seen the air dad got when he flipped!!" .... she thought that i had lost my mind when i told her that we were selling the mini stock and buying karts.....she's always said that if i had any brains i wouldn't race....of course, she's always thought we were half nuts to race anyway...and now she's convinced!!

Here is the biggest problem. The brand is called "Impact". If I have to spell it out for you...

NO, your comments show your are very opionated,and negative about any thing you do not care for. All the top helmet companies produce quality helmets with many different designs. Pick the best one for you and be happy. Your slamming everything you do not like is real old.

Back