In the hole measurement

Does anyone have an idea what the in the hole measurement for the flywheel/coil timing would be? I know fastermotors has one on his page but its from 30* and up

Flash- getting ready to short block my motor in my off season, just want to make sure I place the coil in the right place and have it verified with my degree wheel. The coil slide up and down left and right. I have in the past also where the coil screws/bolt have come loose and had to reset the coil gap and timing.

There's a reason that the ignition timing rule changes a couple of years back.
If you slam the coil all the way to the left, and the flywheel is advanced even a little bit on the crank (still stock unaltered key), it could have been illegal --- now that the timing tech has been "relaxed" a bit, it should not fall outside of the legal range.

These engines seem a tad irresponsive to small timing changes, unlike other engines common in karting.
This is largely due to the limits placed on the carb jetting, compression ratio, and spec pipe that we have to use.
I wouldn't say that the 206 engines are simply "set it and forget it," when it comes to ignition timing, but that's what many do.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Does anyone have an idea what the in the hole measurement for the flywheel/coil timing would be? I know fastermotors has one on his page but its from 30* and up
I have a spreadsheet that will tell you exactly. All I need is the stroke and the rod length center to center numbers. Spreadsheet will tell you exactly (.000 per degree) how far the piston has traveled from top dead center (TDC). There are different ways to measure it, but they're so varied, you'll have to ask around.
To get the Excel spreadsheet, send email to anunley@austin.rr.com asking for "Nine Sheets". It's free.

Back