In the market for a new clutch

mbroyles3

I'm in the market for a new 2 disc clutch for stock clone class. Anybody have any recommendations? I was leaning towards an SMC vortex 2 disc, but there are so many out there to choose from, I'd like to get something ordered before the weekend is over. Thanks!

I have used Bully and they are great clutches but are a little expensive new, I also have the GoldieLocks 2 disc that Dover Power sells for I think $180 and it works just as well as the Bully did, both take Bully drivers so that was another plus. You could buy 2 GoldieLocks for the price of one Bully

Nothing wrong with the SMC -- great clutch. There is a lot of interest in their ball bearing Red clutch right now.

You can't go wrong with a Bully, in my opinion. That's what we focus on in our shop. Parts availability is great as probably every kart shop and track vendor in the country will have parts for them if you need in a pinch.
I sell a lot of new and used/fresh Bully clutches.
If we can help you, please feel free to give us a call at the shop.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
26 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Many good clutches out there. What has been suggested are very good clutches. But before you make your decision call David Martin of Martinbuilt and talk to him. Great clutch and fantastic service!!

I like my Bullys (I have 5 or 6 of them), was thinking about trying a Vortex out to see what they were like

Just wondering why you're changing clutches? Are you having trouble with the one you have? Are you looking for some kind of performance gain? Are you looking for some kind of improvement in quality, or service life?

From what I've heard, none of the clutches mentioned have any service problems, and I can almost guarantee you, if you set it up right, (slipping at maximum torque rpm) they're all going to perform the same.

Back