Increase or decrease cross

br2715

Can someone let me know what exactly affects cross in a kart. What to do to increase it and what to do to decrease it. Thanks in advance. I have a 09 phenom if that helps.

Can someone let me know what exactly affects cross in a kart. What to do to increase it and what to do to decrease it. Thanks in advance. I have a 09 phenom if that helps.
Not sure I understand your question 100 %, what to do to increase or decrease meaning how to make the adjustment ?
OR when to adjust it ?

Tire stagger , and spindle height are the two biggest changing affects . Down with rt frt spindle adds , up removes . Opposite on the left .
Taller diameter tire on rt frt and left rear adds cross smaller reduces .

I think you are asking how to do it? Move the spacers on the spindles. Left move them to the bottom to increase cross put them on top to decrease and opposite on right front.
And just like Flattop1 said. Size of tires.

Cross is a number you get by adding together the RF and LR percentages.
(See illustration)
Any change in any of the 4 corner weights can affect Cross. Changes in camber can do the same. Changes in seat position can affect it. Changes in ride height can affect it. Lots of things can change it
1574938136721.png
1574938136721.png

For more cross you either move weight away from the direction of the LF and/or RR, add weight in the general area of the RF and/or LR, take weight away from the LF and/or the RR area, move the bottom surface of either the RF or LR tire down which raises a corner of the chassis or move the bottom surface of either the LF or RR tire up which lowers a corner of the chassis.

I don't think there's anything else you can do to increase cross.

Reduce it is do the opposite.

-----------------------------------------------

Choosing which to do per the on track problem your trying to solve becomes a bit more complicated. ... :)

Back