Increasing power

Dav

I bought a used 206 put it on 06 birel. Rev it 6050 stk coil. It's on the limiter @ the start finish line @ pats acres canby or 1/2 mile sprint track. Put a world formula coil 7100 rpm . Now it's revving 6550 @ end of straight. Got a used world formula cam. I don't have a valve spring press. Tool. Has any body done this? I want to put the cam in and spring presser equal to wf. It's hard to find some one with information on how to modifie on a budget.

you can turn the head upside down and use a socket and push down on the retainer to pop the keepers loose if thats what you are looking for. Bolting a world formula head on would increase C/R as well. Jimbo's super stock package maybe something to look at its on the faster motors website

The first thing I would change is the carb. The WF carb is 26mm...that's a considerable step up from the 22mm 206 carb.
These engines are like going running while breathing through a straw. Allow them to breathe and they get faster and faster.
Then, if you still think you need more power, add the cam and spring package from the WF. The springs used in the WF are very light dual springs.
Gary is correct, the stock L206 springs can carry 7100 just fine (as long as they are fresh and been maintained well - ie engine is turned over to TDC after running each time to allow the springs to cool at their installed height.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Stk 206 pulling 6850 rpm with 7100 coil no vale float notice able. I'd rather feel kart pull all the way into corner than on rev limiter!

Dyno cams does have a slightly stiffer animal valve spring that meets stock spring dimensions. Also make sure your valve lash is set at 0.0.

The WF cam can go either way. My dyno shows a little more power up top but you lose a little on the bottom end. So, if your track has long straights and sweeping turns, go cam. But, as Brian said, the quicker easier, more effective change would be the carb.

Back