Indoor setups

StretchCopley

Hey I was just wondering what and if there were any key diffrences when setting up a Kart for indoor. I've never ran indoor and I plan to run at Liberty Ky this month. I have an ultramax C4 and I'm really tryin to figure out if I should include my wiggy bar seat system into my setup for indoor. Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't worry about the seat height for Liberty -- it doesn't bite up that much. You'll be fine running your wiggy bar there.
Now syrup racing, for sure, you will want to drop the seat (and the rest of the kart.)

Slightly less cross, more rear stagger, and getting the tires right (Burris 33s only rule).

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com

Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry

765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Get the tires worked right, less cross, more left side, more stagger, more aggressive prep, less RF camber and more lf camber

Not to start a fight or sound like others on here; but ya cant tell people run more this, or less that, when you have no idea what they run now. Give the guy a range if you don't want to tell him your setup. Say between 56 to 58 left or something. He may already have 65 left, 52 cross, 2.5" stagger.....you don't know.

I think what was meant was "more," "less" than what you would typically run outdoors. Apart from factory "settings" and suggestions.
At least that's what I meant with my advice.

It honestly all depends on your entire approach. I ran 63cross 2 years ago at Atlantic city, last year I raced 53 cross. but different left-caster-camber-spindle build-axle-rear rake-seat strut

Its about transferring onto the RR, but how soon and how long. Also camber, you need roll speed. Put 3/4 camber in the LF on a syrup track and your killing your roll speed. track is like glue. people say run you toe out or in. go ahead and make your toe 1/8 out and then push your kart on the track. (make sure your shoes laces are tight) so roll speed down straightaway is first step. Now you need corner speed. get the LR up on entry. then at center. then on exit. just a hair. youll be fast.
basic setup to start with
N=47
L=60
C=51
caster 4-4
camber 1/2---2.0
air 7-9
this should be close not knowing what tires or track or class

Thanks everyone for the help. I was just tryin to get a general idea of the diffrences. I haven't evr ran indoor and it's been about 6 years since I've ran more then one race here and there.

Liberty is also a track that can be really low bite, can have good/decent bite, or can be hard and fast with great bite, you never know until you get there to see honestly. Just this past weekend the track was night and day difference from Friday to Saturday.

Back