Indoors

Thinking you will want to put your weight on the left side of seat and adjust cross from there.
My problem is not enough experience and knowledge. Not sure on how and what extent I should move things. Ordered postal scales so I can scale it and use iraceapp

I was just looking at the track I’m going to be at in Russellville and realized that the weight is 365 pound for stock appearance. my weight class here is 350 pound and actually weigh approximately 355. I’m gonna have to add 10 pounds which is no problem. Will this be enough to add the cross weight mentioned in these messages?
Shot in the dark here ,kinda . if your going to race indoors just add the weight to the seat . Not too high up . Do not use it too change cross . also add rear stagger as suggested .

I use the postal scales and have had good success with them. Had them on a friends kart scales and percentages were the same. I built some holders with roll offs so if they shut off I could easily roll myself off the scales and reset. I also have the floor marked and have all the scales level. I also use the app and it is nice that it saves everything so I can compare what the changes do.

You probably need some help, hope you have some. Have you scaled before?
Unfortunately mike it’s going to be just me. Wife goes to races sometimes and she cleans tires. If she doesn’t go they I’m on my own. Makes for some long quiet days.

Unfortunately mike it’s going to be just me. Wife goes to races sometimes and she cleans tires. If she doesn’t go they I’m on my own. Makes for some long quiet days.
The problem with scaling alone is that you need to be in the kart, helmet and accessories on, sitting in racing position, and you can't read the scales in that position. I do this alone too and thankfully ran into Daugherty39 who helps me a ton since we live in the same town. Probably wont be to Russellville until mid December but I can bring my scales and help you out.

The problem with scaling alone is that you need to be in the kart, helmet and accessories on, sitting in racing position, and you can't read the scales in that position. I do this alone too and thankfully ran into Daugherty39 who helps me a ton since we live in the same town. Probably wont be to Russellville until mid December but I can bring my scales and help you out.
The postal scales have a readout pad that is on a cord. I put the read out pads on my streering wheel so I can be in drive position and still see all 4 pad read outs. My wife bought them for me after about 2 nights in the cold garage reading scales for me.

Hey guys, I just got my scales in the mail. I have them set up. They are level in the floor. Here’s the numbers that I’m coming up with so far.

Attachments

• BF70BD5C-8690-4EB9-9994-7B336E528064.jpeg
    BF70BD5C-8690-4EB9-9994-7B336E528064.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 32
Hey guys, I just got my scales in the mail. I have them set up. They are level in the floor. Here’s the numbers that I’m coming up with so far.
I think I’m weighing a little bit on the light side with the scales which wouldn’t hurt anything. I have to weigh 365 at the race I have a full tank of fuel as you see them at 364 if I’m a few pounds late then I’m safe.

I think I’m weighing a little bit on the light side with the scales which wouldn’t hurt anything. I have to weigh 365 at the race I have a full tank of fuel as you see them at 364 if I’m a few pounds late then I’m safe.
Now, can somebody tell me if these numbers look good? First time it’s been scaled since I bought it for outdoors. I add 10 pounds already to the cart 5 pounds on each side of the seat down low. Normally at the track without the additional 10 pounds. I normally weigh about 357, 354 somewhere right in there

I’ll go with the 11/62ish.. I’ve been looking around and haven’t been able to come across a 10 driver
Can somebody or would you look at the numbers that I posted? I’ll text them again here. Which numbers would you change percentage on etc. for an indoor race at Russellville

Attachments

• 87D391D0-9847-4E69-9DAE-BB510E1A60FC.jpeg
    87D391D0-9847-4E69-9DAE-BB510E1A60FC.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 19
Chassis is a 97 model trick/Olympic. Someone along the way added adjustable caster/camber to the front. They did a real nice job at it.

Good luck and have fun. From my experience indoor races are insanely fast and can wear you down really quick. The first time I raced indoors I got so tired I thought I was going to barf in my helmet halfway through. It got better the next time when I was better prepared condition wise.

Good luck and have fun. From my experience indoor races are insanely fast and can wear you down really quick. The first time I raced indoors I got so tired I thought I was going to barf in my helmet halfway through. It got better the next time when I was better prepared condition wise.
He's racing dirt not concrete.

Back