Indoors

I was parked right by the door bested the grid. 2nd spot in
Yea I got there and was helping the 007 and the 02 before practice the guys right beside you.i don't know of you plan on coming back down or not. But if so let me know I'll try and help you some. Normally I don't stay very long. You know kid and wife kind of like me home when I'm not racing.
I can tell you this, the vegas will work in there. But you have to keep them hot. Like throw them in a hotbox at 130 degrees and don't pull them out till it's time to go to the grid.

And bring help .
We got real good at kart repair will racin
generally went with two other teams , and the engiine /chassis man was typiclly there as well .
I can't imagine doing it all alone .
It’s a hand full as you know. It’s not as bad at bigger events because of the large number classes they run. It regular weekend at local tracks with minimal number of classes has you jumping. I bought another kart and wanted to run it stock class along with stock appearing kart but that about is to much

OK I have changed my motor and everything over to a 2012 Infiniti chassis. Same body, same motor etc. just different chassis. Attached is pictures of where it is scaling out at right now. Can someone who’s good with numbers tell me what I need to adjust. currently it is the cart plus me +10 pound and 10 ounce weights total I have no helmet on etc. and a third tank of fuel. I have to weigh 350 for my class so I’m comfortable I’m in there no problem. Just need to check and make sure cross and everything like that is where it needs to be. So someone advert I need to Justin washes Apple download any of the spindles or anything to increase cross or decrease, etc..

BD61BB18-8E47-4DC3-BA81-87A1DFF4F7E4.png

I found an error with the way it was weighing, and it is fixed. This is correct weight percentage is right now. They did change quite a bit for the cross the main main weight stayed about the same. Now do any adjustments need me to anybody can think of, a run know to do is drive it at this point

Attachments

• 78A802BF-CB7F-4C0D-948A-F4B7385AF207.jpeg
    78A802BF-CB7F-4C0D-948A-F4B7385AF207.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 14
OK I have changed my motor and everything over to a 2012 Infiniti chassis. Same body, same motor etc. just different chassis. Attached is pictures of where it is scaling out at right now. Can someone who’s good with numbers tell me what I need to adjust. currently it is the cart plus me +10 pound and 10 ounce weights total I have no helmet on etc. and a third tank of fuel. I have to weigh 350 for my class so I’m comfortable I’m in there no problem. Just need to check and make sure cross and everything like that is where it needs to be. So someone advert I need to Justin washes Apple download any of the spindles or anything to increase cross or decrease, etc..
If your on an infiniti I'm sure Jamie (XXX#40 on the forums) will be able to help you out with some starting numbers for your kart.

I’m topped it off with fuel. I moved my left rear tire out about an inch. I noticed that was too close. Other than that changed anything else. Here’s a pic of the current set up.

Attachments

• 8FE4FCB5-7227-4682-A4D7-5E92EF196456.png
    8FE4FCB5-7227-4682-A4D7-5E92EF196456.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 18
I’m topped it off with fuel. I moved my left rear tire out about an inch. I noticed that was too close. Other than that changed anything else. Here’s a pic of the current set up.
46 nose
59 left
60 cross
Stock caster RF in forward hole.
.5 LF camber -2 .5 RF camber
1 1/2 front and rear stagger
That will be close to go back to Russellville.

If you don't know your cambers just these numbers are useless. Plus rear track width is important and needs set BEFORE scaling, you'll want the LR 3/4" from inside edge of wheel to frame, and RR 1/4 "
You'll also want to scale with stagger in tires set to what you plan to race with, with 6 lb air in rights and 5 lb air in the lefts to scale.
Numbers Dougherty #39 gave you will be a lot closer than current numbers, Jamie will recommend slight tweaks to the numbers when he chimes in.
Good luck !!

Steve2022

Chassis is a 97 model trick/Olympic. Someone along the way added adjustable caster/camber to the front. They did a real nice job at it.
(Maybe i missed it , but never saw any mention of a ward built chassis. )

Steve2022

Chassis is a 97 model trick/Olympic. Someone along the way added adjustable caster/camber to the front. They did a real nice job at it.
(Maybe i missed it , but never saw any mention of a ward built chassis. )
Post Number 62
He said he switched over to a Infinity. Lots of post very easy to miss.

Hey guys, I reached liberty indoors this past weekend for my second indoor race. They had this track with a nice banked corners and a super fast track. I had troubles out of the gate getting things together and had to do a lot of work. By the end of Friday night, I had to best Kirk that I’ve had since I started racing this summer. I run stock appearing as we’ve talked about and I ran with small block open Friday night. I could actually run with them this time. I started second in the future for stock appearing Saturday night Got to first with in the first lap and stretched out the lead by a good 8 or 10 karts. Then a caution and restart and was out again until second caught up and spun me coming out of turn 2. Ended up 3rd.
Thanks to everyone who has helped and given advice to get this kart set up. Couldn’t have got to where I needed to be without everyone’s help 👍 to all

Back