Infinity Sr. Champ

What Infinity champ kart do i have?
It has a notch cut between rails with collor to slide to stiffen chassis...

IMG_0525.jpg

need better pictures, stand the kart on the rear bumper and take a well lit picture of the bottom of the chassis.
That collar probably isnt factory

The tag on back is M2002012 if that means anything
infinitixxx40@yahoo.com
Thats just a WKA tag number, you had to have that plate to run at WKA sanctioned events, and during that time frame just about all champs had that tag.
From just seeing the steering upright it seems to be pre 2006, after 06 Infiniti changed that upright.
Get me the pictures and can tell more

Slip joint added.... advantages and disadvantages?
That in no way is a slip joint, someone just cut it and put a lock collar on it.
The kart will be too soft at the waist and have problems transferring weight, it needs welded back up.
Its a disadvantage all the way around

Yeah that probably won’t work out to good. Like xxx said it’ll be to soft. However on the pavement we have cut the tube directly in front of the engine mount with varying results.

IMHO, the "cut" looks like a factory radiused end on the tube.
Hard to get that look by simply sawing a tube. Not many can cut it square, not to mention, radius the end of the tube.

Would you preload the chassis in any direction?
Would there be any advantage to doing so?

IMHO, the "cut" looks like a factory radiused end on the tube.
Hard to get that look by simply sawing a tube. Not many can cut it square, not to mention, radius the end of the tube.

Would you preload the chassis in any direction?
Would there be any advantage to doing so?
I was told its a 2012 Ward Infinity. The cut is not fresh and is powder coated with as u stated radius. I have not broken the set screw to see if it has a sleve welded to the color on the inside...

Had 1 guy say he had a 2013 looked almost identical.....

I was told its a 2012 Ward Infinity. The cut is not fresh and is powder coated with as u stated radius. I have not broken the set screw to see if it has a sleve welded to the color on the inside...

Had 1 guy say he had a 2013 looked almost identical.....
I worked and was sponsored by Ward Karting/Infiniti Chassis for 9 years starting in 2005.
Ive owned several of every model from the R1-Vortex.
That is not a 2013 chassis.
In 2006 the Epic(the chassis you have) went into testing, what you have isnt even a production model epic, its one of the prototypes, the production epics steering upright was changed from the one piece aluminum yours has to the steel ones that are used today.
My guess that kart probably doesnt have clam shell rear cassette's?
NO epic champs let the shop with that bar cut.
This link shows the steering upright and cassette's that were released on the production Epics
https://4cycle.com/karting/threads/epic-chassis-setup.47680/

It also shows the Epic is just a continuance of the R1, the clear chassis in the link(All the chassis in that link are ours)
Here is our 06 XXX look at the steering upright

What you have is an 2006 Epic champ kart, it didnt leave the factory like that, it needs welded back up.
Here is Ward kartings old website page, the 3 photos of the bare chassis parts are from 2003, and are R1, XXX parts, notice the steering upright.
The Helix chassis is ours, I took the pictures when we picked it up, the steering upright changed on the release of production epics in late 06 as 07 models to the one on the Helix and are still used today, they are 2 different diameters, also the baseline setups in the middle of the page, I compiled those after talking with all the drivers on prototypes, trust me that bar isnt suppose to be cut, theres no benefit in cutting it, it was tried
http://wardkarting.com/winfiniti.shtml

Last edited:
I worked and was sponsored by Ward Karting/Infiniti Chassis for 9 years starting in 2005.

Thank you for the advice.it does not have clamshell rear bearings, just the old 3 bolt style and both hangers face the same way... loooks like i have a older kart and i have been had

Thanks for your time

Back