Input for a new Track

DMA Motorsports

Hey everyone,
I was recently approached by the local IMCA tracks board and asked to put together a proposal that had some drawings and pictures of kart tracks. What they want to do is vacate the infield of their stock car track and build a kart track there.
I've been to a lot of tracks but from what I can remember never one that was built in the infield of an existing dirt car track.
They want some idea of the cost to put in a good sized track that could attract a regional race down the road. Concession stands and toilets are their, as well as grandstands.
The track they want to build it in is Dacotah Speedway in Mandan ND.

Is this even a viable option or should they consider a different placement of the track?

Thanks in advance for any input!

The San Diego kart club has a track like that. They use both straightaways of the big car track, but in 4 places a kart track goes in and out of the infield. You might contact the San Diego kart club for pictures.

The old whip city speedway was a 1/4 or 1/3 mile dirt oval with a small kart oval in the center. Honestly always thought I was to small but they drew some karts in on a normal Saturday night program.

I have great knowledge of the track built inside the existing oval at Beaver Dam (WI) Raceway and can get you in touch with the ownership and individuals whom built and maintain the track.
BDR Kart track is a 1/5th mile inside the banked 1/3rd mile. I've been involved with this entire program since it's conception.

Feel free to reach out to me if you'd like additional information, ideas, thoughts, to-do's and not-to-do's and/or wish to get in contact with principals at BDR.

Jeff Wesell
(262) 457-5018 (shop)
jeffw@ghilaser.com

How big is the track?, Maybe a 1/4 mi or lil bigger....Put old race tires around the inside corners to keep the karts off the metal guard rails,track appears to have plenty of run off in the turns....would probably be a lot cheaper to make changes to utilize the track they have than build another one and do twice the work to keep both tracks in shape......

Back