Inside amounts

Can anyone help me out on inside amounts for an asphalt tire on dirt? 8 or 10in tires. Likely be one of the old inside red formulas

This is a start.
Full base reducer
any urathane reducer as long as its med or fast. Most use Med because its lower content of Toluene. There are a couple specific brands that most use but that's not for me to say in a public forum. The best thing to do is ensure you add plenty of whatever oil you decide to use with it. 8-14.oz.. per gallon .
And a bite chemical .

This is a start.
Full base reducer
any urathane reducer as long as its med or fast. Most use Med because its lower content of Toluene. There are a couple specific brands that most use but that's not for me to say in a public forum. The best thing to do is ensure you add plenty of whatever oil you decide to use with it. 8-14.oz.. per gallon .
And a bite chemical .
yeah i've got a couple recipes saved but not sure how many oz's to put in a big car tires. They are around 82-85in

Last edited:
You could use circumfrence .34÷82 41% more . Or just go with twice as much depending on your wants or needs .
Too little might be better then too much .
Width should be factored in as well .

You could use circumfrence .34÷82 41% more . Or just go with twice as much depending on your wants or needs .
Too little might be better then too much .
Width should be factored in as well .
I guess I could say its roughly 2.5 times bigger than a typical RS kart tire a heavy roll is 4oz on a kart and calculate from that.

Id be careful in using a home made kart specific internal in a car tire, two different type tires, completely different type suspensions.
As for amount, my race car guys, anywhere from 10 oz. to 16 oz. with my Race Car Inside.

Agreed with Earl....big car tires are made differently (depending on the tire) and can easily delaminate with some wheel spin and using some harsh internal preps used in karting.
Our Pink Panther prep is very popular with big car guys as an internal.
Don't over do the internal. With the tread blocks, it's difficult to get the prep to wick up through the blocks without working on the grooved area too much. If you take time to needle prep in from the outside too, it'll work a lot better for you in my opinion.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back