Inside prep and grip?

Cakalac

I was at a track a few weeks back and a few guys were discussing inside prep. One of them said this particular inside liked this track surface. I thought inside was mainly for re-fire and sidewall softening or Duro depending on how you use it. Does inside come into play with "grip"? Does it soak through and eventually become part of your base prep package with whatever you wipe during the week?

What I like to roll on the inside will give more grip than the traditional insides. Most internal preps are more about the softening, you can do both but a lot of times those chemicals will require more cure time.

There often discussion about chassis timing and controlling when things happen. I personally often on here express my opinion about how with different track conditions you may want to through chassis or tires control how a tire it put to the track. I usually refer to it as either bangging or easing a tire into the track.

The above opinion being said or offered my reading this post made me think about how different track conditions need a tire either bangged into the track or eased into the track.

Trying to net it out could the use of inside prep be more for making you better able to ease a tire into the track for grip?

If that might be the case then how you apply inside prep would depend on how you need to better ease a tire into the track. My thoughts there are about how the application and severity of your inside prep effects the potential direction of tire flex. And nothing I just thought about is saying anything is so, it's all a question hoping to get thoughts which I might fit in or cause me to throw out misconceptions.

Inside prep would seem to make the tire more pliable .
That would ease it into the track more .
Question is when would you want too bang it into the track ?
Vs ease it in .
My thought is bang it in on soft low grip no bite .
Thats totally against common practice. Soft track soft tire ,
hard track hard tire .

Vs ease it in .
hard track hard tire .

"That's totally against common practice. Soft track soft tire ,
hard track hard tire ."

Just a guess trying to think in terms of common practice only it would be a "Non abrasive, High grip, soft track"

I don't think common practice normally relates a soft tire to a soft track. ... butt, i don't know????

Vs ease it in .
hard track hard tire .

Tony, I think that when guys refer to "Soft track soft tire" they are meaning in duro moreso than springrate.
Vegas are very stiff sidewall, but can be soften easily into the teens for "soft" tracks.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back