Inside Rolling Treaded Hoosiers

rswiggart

Has anyone tried inside rolling Hoosier treaded D20’s? Thought about trying it but was also kinda confused if it would help. The track we are running at in winter is extremely low bite track.

Thanks in Advance

You certainly can, however, the prep will pull through the grooves long before it gets through the full depth of the blocks. I personally think that you're better off needling the snot out of treads and putting the prep into the blocks from the outside with repeated coats to drive it down in deep enough to last.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

You certainly can, however, the prep will pull through the grooves long before it gets through the full depth of the blocks. I personally think that you're better off needling the snot out of treads and putting the prep into the blocks from the outside with repeated coats to drive it down in deep enough to last.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Awesome information. I really appreciate it. We did pretty good last year on prepped up treads. But I want to do even better and I think getting the tires softer is the only way.
Thanks man!

Honestly, if it works you would know it by now because everyone would be doing it. The contact patch is so far away from the tire casing I cannot see how it could help. I think Mr. Carlson is on the right track, do the work where the tire meets the dirt.

Pan rolling would be better .
Addendum: then inside.
See post #8 for best results.

Last edited:
Back