inside tire prep home brew

Truth is you'll spend more buying homebrew products, then you would just buying a product designed for internal tire use
Venom Juice has a prep for every condition

90 ounces of toluene, 20 ounces of mek, 10 ounces wd40 and10 ounces of marvel mystery oil. inside red. I read this somewhere Have never tried it myself.

That concoction posted above is about 90-95% solvent, dont use that inside your tires, it will likely dry them out and would hurt more than help IMO. Internal prep is for conditioning and side bite and to get the duro down, and I don't think those chemicals would do either of the first 2 things, but might drop the duro some.

I got back into kart racing this year with my son. I haven't raced karts since the 90's. The first thing I learned is the tire war is out of control with all the prepping and work that goes into the tire game. The other thing I learned the expensive way was to pick a prep program that is reputable and go with it. I have mixed every suggested "home brew" and tried it and have spent at least 10 times the money on prep and ruined tires than if I would have went with a good name brand prep. You can listen to my advice or not....the choice is yours. I didn't listen when I started back and it costed me a bunch of money and races.

That concoction posted above is about 90-95% solvent, dont use that inside your tires, it will likely dry them out and would hurt more than help IMO. Internal prep is for conditioning and side bite and to get the duro down, and I don't think those chemicals would do either of the first 2 things, but might drop the duro some.

That's very similar to a lot of the manufactured prep lines, minus the MEK.
MEK is a very very dangerous chemical as far as health concerns, replace with the toluene and yet still not the healthiest but far more safer for you.

the gentleman at Home Depot asked me when I bought MEK (before the MEK substitute came out) what I was using it for, I said tires, he gave me a weird look, then asked what kind of protection I used, he said any contact with the skin it instantly absorbs into the blood stream and starts attacking your kidneys. Stuff is no joke, cant speak for the substitute they sell now on danger/how it works.

It's very dangerous, a guy at a local rubber and gasket shop thought I was joking when I told him how dangerous it was. They use it daily cleaning rubber when they make custom gaskets and stuff. He had the gallon there and some rags they had used and no gloves or any type of protection what so ever. I told him he needed to use something.

Back