Installing floor mounted fuel tank

Hoss86

Hey guys silly question. Anyone have any info on how to install a floor mounted tank with a fuel pump?

Get it in place where nothing rubs . The fuel exit is clear of obstructions .
Bolt in place . Run fuel line to the pump mounted on the engine .
An in tank fuel pump would require a power source be it battery or vacum/pulse .

Get it in place where nothing rubs . The fuel exit is clear of obstructions .
Bolt in place . Run fuel line to the pump mounted on the engine .
An in tank fuel pump would require a power source be it battery or vacum/pulse .
So they actually make one without wires? Im so new to this I feel embarrassed to ask questions because I have so many but the wife wants to do dirt oval and the son will be doing Quarter midgets. Im just a welder kinda mechanically inclined with common sense. But know nothing about karts or the motors.

The pump is a simple, pulse pump.
The pump has 3 spigots.
1 in, 1 out, and a pulse spigot

If you blow in the inlet, air will come out the outlet.
If you blow backwards, no air will move.
The pulse line is also deadhead. However, if you pulse (suck and blow), it will pump fuel from the inlet to the outlet.

On the engine, the pulse line is connected to the crankcase. The pulse comes from the movement of the bottom of the piston.

The pump is a simple, pulse pump.
The pump has 3 spigots.
1 in, 1 out, and a pulse spigot

If you blow in the inlet, air will come out the outlet.
If you blow backwards, no air will move.
The pulse line is also deadhead. However, if you pulse (suck and blow), it will pump fuel from the inlet to the outlet.

On the engine, the pulse line is connected to the crankcase. The pulse comes from the movement of the bottom of the piston.
Thanks man.

Not sure if it matters or not but she will be running stock predator
Yes with a floor mounted tank you need a fuel pump .
With the stock tank , no .
This is one example . Some are square .
The quarter midget could be different .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210319-215702_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210319-215702_Chrome.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 11
A belly pan mounted tank should have rubber grommets on the mounting holes or it will crack. Put the bolt heads on the bottom then use a flat washer on top of the grommet then tighten the nut just enough to squeeze the grommet a little then double nut so it doesn't loosen up. Wrap all your fuel line connections with two wraps of .032" wire and twist it tight.

A belly pan mounted tank should have rubber grommets on the mounting holes or it will crack. Put the bolt heads on the bottom then use a flat washer on top of the grommet then tighten the nut just enough to squeeze the grommet a little then double nut so it doesn't loosen up. Wrap all your fuel line connections with two wraps of .032" wire and twist it tight.
Thought I was the only one that safety wires their fuel lines. See a lot of guys using plastic wire ties for hose clamps. Not sure how good that works but if you don't pull on your fuel lines (like in a crash) they will probably stay on with out being clamped at all.

A tip on mounting the pulse pump.
Keep the pulse line short as possible. Also, keep line downhill to crankcase, so any oil getting in there, will drain back.

Thought I was the only one that safety wires their fuel lines. See a lot of guys using plastic wire ties for hose clamps. Not sure how good that works but if you don't pull on your fuel lines (like in a crash) they will probably stay on with out being clamped at all.
Safety wire here also, I'd double the wire for strength but thats me.. A Zip Tie, when pulled tight is tight, but not a complete circle (by minimal amounts) where you insert the Tie and pull..

Back