Instant weight jacker :)

Maybe I'm missing something but your first pic shows the wheel with positive RF camber, which would be the opposite of what you want on dirt oval....and the 2nd pic just looks like a normal RF to me, with a little neg camber. Not seeing what is supposed to be a weight jacker, least not in the pics?

I guess the pictures don't do it justice. The only thing that has changed in the two pictures, is steering direction(first turned right, second turned left). See any camber change? See any change vertically, in wheel position? I have a "little" more caster than normal.....

Oval karts dont need to turn right, and thats way too much caster

When I first altered the old A-Bone 35 years ago and put some "big" dirt slicks on the back(continentals); it was locked down in the rear pushing in the front. So, with the help of a torch and pipe wrench, I pinned it's ears back(extreme caster) to jack more weight. It worked and still does. Very little steering input jacks alot of weight. As far as not needing to turn right: With todays "clean" racing, you have to turn right when the guy behind you trys to put his kart in the space under you that doesn't exist. It's hard to spin this kart out. The biggest problem is steering effort. I drove it with a tiny 9" steering wheel when I was in my early twenties. Now I have a larger wheel and I'm trying to figure out where to put the power steering pump...LOL :cool:

Back