Insulated fuel line/tank AKRA legal?

There also isn’t any rule that says you can
I'm sorry this irritates me. There is also no rule that says you CAN run orange colored fuel line. So is there are legal color we are allowed to run if there is not rule that says what color it has to be?

Last edited:
keep it down man …. Don’t poke the beehive 😂
459AAC76-2204-48C4-BFEA-6FA3261CB006.jpeg

Not to stir the pot, but the color of the line doesn't exactly have any impact on performance. So it's a non-issue, but insulating a fuel tank and lines can have an impact on performance. Not sure why common sense practices to alleviate tech issues and make tech faster irritates you. If you step back and look at the rules and say, "Well, it doesn't say we can't do this." with every single part. You're going to be at F1 cost for karting. It's a double edge sword though, because that same phrase is used to innovate. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, because innovation is where people make a living. So if you find something whether there is an actual benefit or not and you can make that a part or idea work to your benefit then so be it. It's up to the rule makers to judge if it's legal or illegal within spirit and intent, and from a level playing field perspective.

Not saying the OP intended to cheat, but it could very easily be used to conceal some form of substance used to enhance fuel after the tank, so that it still passed when teched from the tank. So unless someone made a colored line that specifically leeched it's color to alter fuel, then I can't see how color could alter performance. So some common sense has to be used when dealing with tech issues like that.

(Edit) I get that it's bigger than just color as to them saying you can or can't do it. But, if they had to put a rule on every single part, that's when you start getting into F1 cost territory. Because everything becomes proprietary and they designate a manufacturer, part number. Then cost rise because there are fewer suppliers and they all cost match, and it's an endless spiral. The more rules they stipulate that you can't use common sense for, your cost goes up.

Last edited:
I'm sorry this irritates me. There is also no rule that says you CAN run orange colored fuel line. So is there are legal color we are allowed to run if there is not rule that says what color it has to be?
The only reason it would irritate you is because you dont like rules.

Fuel testing is to be done at ambient temperature. That is the temperature at which the tech official will/should keep their fuel samples. If there is a fuel check, there is a likelihood you will fail the check.

Not to stir the pot, but the color of the line doesn't exactly have any impact on performance. So it's a non-issue, but insulating a fuel tank and lines can have an impact on performance. Not sure why common sense practices to alleviate tech issues and make tech faster irritates you. If you step back and look at the rules and say, "Well, it doesn't say we can't do this." with every single part. You're going to be at F1 cost for karting. It's a double edge sword though, because that same phrase is used to innovate. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, because innovation is where people make a living. So if you find something whether there is an actual benefit or not and you can make that a part or idea work to your benefit then so be it. It's up to the rule makers to judge if it's legal or illegal within spirit and intent, and from a level playing field perspective.

Not saying the OP intended to cheat, but it could very easily be used to conceal some form of substance used to enhance fuel after the tank, so that it still passed when teched from the tank. So unless someone made a colored line that specifically leeched it's color to alter fuel, then I can't see how color could alter performance. So some common sense has to be used when dealing with tech issues like that.

(Edit) I get that it's bigger than just color as to them saying you can or can't do it. But, if they had to put a rule on every single part, that's when you start getting into F1 cost territory. Because everything becomes proprietary and they designate a manufacturer, part number. Then cost rise because there are fewer suppliers and they all cost match, and it's an endless spiral. The more rules they stipulate that you can't use common sense for, your cost goes up.
Very well said

I would guess their view would be if it is some sort of advantage then everyone would feel the need to do it, considering karting has gotten along just fine for many years without it.

That is exactly what we said in the mid 80s and the clone could be bought at Harbor Freight for $79 dollars and was the engine that was going to save karting. Dyno Don was right then also. Little Johnny! Now it is the Predator. As for me. I still run flatheads and Animals. After a brief history with keeping the only clone that I ever owned legal from week to week.

That is exactly what we said in the mid 80s and the clone could be bought at Harbor Freight for $79 dollars and was the engine that was going to save karting. Dyno Don was right then also. Little Johnny! Now it is the Predator. As for me. I still run flatheads and Animals. After a brief history with keeping the only clone that I ever owned legal from week to week.
Now its the Ghost predator. So i guess while we are on the subject how much do we need to cool the fuel to make any difference in powa. When we ran mods on methanol the intake would have ice on it after the feature.

Now its the Ghost predator. So i guess while we are on the subject how much do we need to cool the fuel to make any difference in powa. When we ran mods on methanol the intake would have ice on it after the feature.
The ice on the intake is from th refrigerator effect, (you know, pressure drop through an orfice).
The heat of evaporation for methanol, and the amount being evaporated also play into this.

There is an additive for race fuel which evaporates at room temperature, leaving little trace, given a little time.

So, start with cold fuel, big advantage at the beginning. Fuel gets warm as race goes on. Additive mysteriously disappears, as well as the advantage.
Do a victory lap for the extra time, be last across the scales and into tech. Create a disturbance so gain a little time before fuel tech, if there is any.
Then, Bob's you're uncle, your fuel passes.
Sound like a winning formula? Or something you've already seen?

Back