Intercomp or Longacre

strong08

Id like to hear some oppions on pros and cons on scales. Which is more friendlier to use, which is more reliable.

My preference is Intercomp. Great quality, user-friendly, ultra-reliable, and simple and effective customer service. Since they offer more than just motorsports-oriented products, it is easier to find local scale companies that can get service your scales if need be without shipping back to the company.

Lots of love for Intercomp, lol. That having been said, the Longacre scales I bought used at the old Silver Spring Speedway race car flea market in 2001 are still chugging along fine. I can't attest to the quality of Longacre's customer service, as I have never had occasion to contact them with a problem.

Have had my Longacre scales for since 2000 and have never even had to have them recalibrated. Replaced the battery once otherwise never had any problem.

I'm not kicking Longacre- they're good stuff, but given the choice between the two, Intercomp would be my choice every time.

One thing to consider is location. Longacre is in Washington state. For me it was 5 days there, 5 days back plus whatever time needed to service. Switched to intercomp for more reasons than location, but still no regrets.

Back