Internal rolling

IamGroot

Is there an optimum speed when rolling internally? Can you roll them too slow? I can adjust the roller I made from 3MPR to 1MPR fairly easily just don't know what is best.

Thank you.

You can definatly roll too fast. 3mpr not 1 . That might still be too fast . It's on here search it or wait for another opinion.

You're not trying to do the job in 15 minutes, more like 10-15 hours or more, so 3 min per revolution is fine, and slower wouldn't hurt. Since it was convenient, we used to add the internal prep in the morning and fire up the roller, then shut it down and call the job done the next morning. :)

My roller takes 5 min 37 secs per rotation....it’s worse than watching paint dry haha

Switching from the inside to the outside how do you best like to apply your prep? Roller? Brush? Wax applicator pad?

Do you all put bb's inside when prepping inside?

Is there a time to use them and a time to not or are they just not needed?

I was told they are used to both put the prep down better and to keep the prep off the side walls.

But don't know for sure was just told to use bb's. The theory told was the bb's pickup the inside surface of the tire, put the prep down and then if you keep letting it roll after the prep is put to the tire the bb's put the inside surface back down. Also told it use to be a way to hide that a tire was prepped. Rolling a tire took 2+ days doing it that way. ... again don't know bought bb's but never tried it. ... :(

I also was told on 'big' car tires ball bearings are used with bb's also dispersed inside the tire. Again myth or truth?

And keeping with the theme of this thread, would bb's inside effect how fast you roll the tire?

I prefer a natural horse hair paint brush and a small painters cup. You can find them at most home improvement stores, or we have them available through our shop if you need.

The reason I like the brush as an applicator is that there is less waste of prep, you don't have cross contamination when re-using with other preps, less need for wearing gloves, less chance of spilling, no more dunking a wax pad into a Tupperware container of long forgotten what prep, less evaporation, more precise application, etc etc.
When you're done prepping, simply pour your prep back into it's original container.

BB's or marbles can be used when rolling off the rim, not on.
I do not know how bb's or marbles can pick up the inner surface of the tire, to me that tire be junk if it came apart. Also it doesnt do a thing to the "hiding" of the prep. Whether it helps keep the prep from off the sidewalls is debatable, but why do we internal a tire anyways...to manipulate the sidewall with the introduction of a chemical. To me thats a non point.
The advantage of using bb's or marbles IMO is the evaporation rate seems less, and rolling off the wheel you will get evaporation with lots of these preps.

Back