Internal

Late8Racer

If you ran long endurance races where tires are falling off on most cars but yet a couple aren’t would you be paying more attention to internal or external? I’ve noticed a lot switching to a wintergreen mix internal. I used a lot of goat in the past but it seems to burn off fairly quickly. Even though it does give a ton of bite at first. I always was told wintergreen is similar but seems like wintergreen will last a whole lot longer in a tire before it falls off? These are big cars by the way. This site just has the most knowledge!

that’s what I was wondering flat top. I thought goat and green were pretty similar in uses. I am learning that same amount. Same method. Wintergreen is staying with the tire for a much longer run then goat. Is it supposed to be that way? Even being on pavement would you recommend mixing something else that would stay in a tire longer than the two of those?

I know goats going to give up quicker and be harder on the tire . I have no experience with winter green though as you say its differnt .
The track tac pepole are probably going to be the most forth coming with info .

Yes we definitely are getting it into the tire. It was just weird to me the wintergreen mix internal the smell will knock you down it’s so strong with the same amount of a goat mix or any others I’ve used the smell isn’t that noticeable after only doing the insides. Is that going to be from another clear chemical that is being used with this wintergreen mix to help push it through further, or is it just that much more of a deep soak compared to even goat? These are late model sized tires by the way. Where tire rules are open.

I have no experience with car tires, is there a chance you're over prepping and the tire is coming in too early and going away too early?

It would make more sense to me the ones with better results are doing it with internal and they've hit the right mix and amount.

If you ran long endurance races where tires are falling off on most cars but yet a couple aren’t would you be paying more attention to internal or external? I’ve noticed a lot switching to a wintergreen mix internal. I used a lot of goat in the past but it seems to burn off fairly quickly. Even though it does give a ton of bite at first. I always was told wintergreen is similar but seems like wintergreen will last a whole lot longer in a tire before it falls off? These are big cars by the way. This site just has the most knowledge!

What you are most likely seeing is the Goat making the tire give up not so much the prep burning off. I would definitely recommend internal for your situation over external but I wouldnt think Goat or Wintergreen would be the answer for a long endurance race. I would go with something a little milder that will not soften as much but still give a lot of grip. I would recommend GK1 Blue on the inside.

Also depends on what you are trying to do with the tires. If they are a stiff sidewall spec. late model tire, then it may be that they are using harsh internals to break down the sidewall stiffness and get more sidebite.
Otherwise, I'd agree with Chris, that you want something milder internally that will keep pulling through the tire as it goes through heat cycles.
Our Medium Rare was designed for just this purpose and we have had many customers use it on big car tires (rolled internally.)

Give us a call at the shop (Mon-Thurs 8-6est) if we can be of any further help with our prep line and it's use on big car tires specifically.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back