Intro

vincequest

Hello, I didn't see an intro thread or area so I am introducing myself here. I am Vince and I live in Phoenix. I am looking to get into karting here in the desert. Totally new so just researching at this point.

best advice if ur just starting out...visit a local track(s) where u intend on racing...talk to people there, and determine what class(es), engines, tires, etc. they offer.
Observe, and have fun.
Good luck

I am new as well. Two years ago we did inside rental racing league. Last year we visited our local track multiple times and then started renting karts there. Finally did some rental league races on Friday nights. My son loved it and at that time I was convinced in buying a used Kart. This year we are running an older Margay Brava with a 206. the 206 class in our area is very deep. I have found the track owners, Managers and others to be nothing but extremely helpful. I have yet to run into anyone at the pits thats not willing to help or explain things to you when you ask. They want more racers and want people to enjoy it. It very much reminds me of when I road raced bikes for 12 years. Very friendly and huge knowledge base in the pits and around the track. Finally, there are some awful smart people on this forum. We are learning every week and having loads of fun and its a great experience to bond with your kid who isnt on their electronics all weekend but driving and turning wrenches. The only tidbit I could give you is I walk around with a notebook and i take notes on everything people tell me or advice as well as everything i did that day to the kart and setup and then go home and sort it all out. As with anything some advice is sound and some seems "voodoo" but I am willing to try to understand and research. Hope you make the jump and have fun.

Back