Is a one man stand necessary if one might be alone at the track?

Close to picking up a kart with Briggs 206. Originally was thinking of picking up an electrical kart stand but now I don't want to spend that much money. I am thinking of puttin cart in back of mini van with seats down. Hope it can fit. I was thinking of getting a std. kart stand. Anybody make this situation work? How about being alone at the track, is this "doable" to get kart out and in car, on kart, off kart? Thx. Ger.

jaymancds

Premium User
I have never seen somebody who needs a hand not get one. Whoever you pit next to will probably help you pick it up and a bystander at the staging area can help you get it down. Racing alone has its benefits and draw backs. If you have a short turn around, being alone kinda sucks, but at least for me, not having to worry about making sure my friends/pit help is feeling needed is mentally draining.

OVALTECH1

Premium User
I run two classes and they are back to back. I push em up one at a time and have someone give me a hand getting them both down off stands. That way when I cross the scales I can bale out and jump in the next one. Then someone usually helps me load em up and repeat the process... it’s a long day but there is always help around.

sundog

I can get a kart on and off a pick up truck by myself so, a mini van should be ok. Can't get it on or off a kart stand by myself so, by yourself, you'd be on the ground for any work you'd want to do, which would be a drag.

The electric kart stand is the best piece of equipment I ever bought. Add up how many lifts for one day of racing and you'll see it's more than you'd do in a weight training session.

Last edited:

RCJ

When I started it was me and my little grandson, I built a tilting lift for about 10$ worked good. I built a electric last winter ,have around $250 in because I bought tires the don't need air.

mike97760

Premium User
I raced alone quite a while and never had trouble finding random help at a track when needing to load/unload the kart before or after races. My problem was that I just don't like asking for help. Bought a one man stand and love it. Plus it comes in handy working alone in my shop.