Is a PRC Banshee any good

Hey guys I'm a new racer and im trying to figure out if the kart I have is still a good one I've heard PRC is usually a pretty good kart to have. I really don't know the year of it but it has banshee on the frame and I think on the floor pan. I'm on a budget and I really don't want to get a new kart if I don't need to. Thanks

dont spend money on it ........was a great kart in the late 90's if u want a good kart find a phantom phenom ill bet u can find one for $5-600 itll be way faster hands down

dont spend money on it ........was a great kart in the late 90's if u want a good kart find a phantom phenom ill bet u can find one for $5-600 itll be way faster hands down

Ok thanks I'll keep my eyes open for a phenom and I didn't spend any money on this one I did a little trading for it I might have $150 in the whole this and all it needs is a motor.

Hey guys I'm a new racer and im trying to figure out if the kart I have is still a good one I've heard PRC is usually a pretty good kart to have. I really don't know the year of it but it has banshee on the frame and I think on the floor pan. I'm on a budget and I really don't want to get a new kart if I don't need to. Thanks

where you located ?

How is the steering post set up? single post, 2 post welded on or 2 post bolted on---that will give us an idea of age---could be 96-2001 or so. They were very good karts---if you have nothing in it i would put it together and run it. Just my opinion, John Oh yea, depending on where you are I would take it off your hands.

I have no idea how good that kart is, but if you're just starting out, I'll bet it's better than you are. I'm not putting you down one single bit you understand, but it takes time, and the learning curve is very steep, getting to the point where you'll be better than the kart.

If you've just started out, and you know nothing about setup, that kart will serve you well while you learn. Even buying the best of everything, you're never going to see a newcomer jump out into the lead in his 1st few races. And maybe more than a few.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Thanks guys for the info and your right it will take a while to run with the big boys up front but hey I'm just out to have fun and to give me something to do on the weekends.

if it is 2 post bolted it is most likely a '98--had one, great kart for its time--Al is right --seat time is important--did you get the pills to adjust front camber---start out about 55 left , 55 cross and 45 nose--should be pretty close---these were not a high cross kart--58 is a lot in a Banshee. Ride it and have fun.

if it is 2 post bolted it is most likely a '98--had one, great kart for its time--Al is right --seat time is important--did you get the pills to adjust front camber---start out about 55 left , 55 cross and 45 nose--should be pretty close---these were not a high cross kart--58 is a lot in a Banshee. Ride it and have fun.
No I didn't get anything with it as far as that but I did get on the PRC website and I can buy them if I need to

I have won with a Banshee at a local low bite short track not too long ago. I have won more with that frame than with any other I have ever driven.

So it's good frame to start with and do I need to get those pills for the setting up the frame?

If you want to play then the Banshee is as good as any. However, if you have any plans beyond just playing I'd sell the Banshee and get at least a Nemesis and preferably a Phenom. You might surprise yourself with how much you could get for the Banshee and the additional cost might be reasonably small.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Im still racing my banshee I started off about 3 years ago thinking the same thing you are. Is it even fast enough to run with the front runners at your local track. I can say I have had a blast running this kart.not many adjustments so easier to hit on the setup. You will suck as t first no doubt but don't give up on it. In the three years I have probably ran 20 times at local tracks went from getting lapped every weekend to finishing in the top 4 the last two times I've ran it. I have learned a ton about this sport running it. I do as green you can pick up a newer chassis for little money but if your racing budget is like money like mine a little money can go as long ways on your banshee. The learning curve was easier to me because I didn't have the aggravation of a bunch of money in my kart so it was fun to me to make it faster. I believe any chassis can be the fastest on any Saturday night short track. Oh and the feeling you get when you pass that other guys new 3000 dollar chassis is awesome. So imo stick with banshee a couple seasons learn learn learn. If your not competitive on it its not the chassis just keep trying stuff then when you find that sweet spot you will have to talk yourself into buying a new chassis. Get a good used engine buy new tires and get on a good tire prep program I use Palmetto because my local parts guy sells it and helps me out with info on how to use it. Get that kart scaled and the skys the limit.

Do not under estimate the Banshee!! I just won the Briggs Light Championship with a '99 Banshee. I won 4 races out of six and the ones I didn't win it was because other competitors took me out of contention so I ended up retiring. And this is a track where the majority of the turns are right handers They saw my kart and they laughed but I had the last laugh. Set up is very important so spent some time driving it and learn from it. Look at this videos and this is pretty much how every race was!
Good luck!
http://youtu.be/Ex6eaYHuCTs
http://youtu.be/yMkNy19Leeo

Do not under estimate the Banshee!! I just won the Briggs Light Championship with a '99 Banshee. I won 4 races out of six and the ones I didn't win it was because other competitors took me out of contention so I ended up retiring. And this is a track where the majority of the turns are right handers They saw my kart and they laughed but I had the last laugh. Set up is very important so spent some time driving it and learn from it. Look at this videos and this is pretty much how every race was!
Good luck!
Would you Share your set up?

Back