Is anyone really leading the game in Clone Engine development?

viice

Starting to look into this class to run Maxxis Midwest next year.
Local builder is Fairfield and I will probably run their engine simply to support a local business.
I could be convinced to look elsewhere if there is a known "winningest" legal motor!

Thanks!

Stick with the local builder, and get with the best Maxxis tire guy in your area. I'll take the average engine with the best tires any day. I know it gets beat to death, but tires are where it's at. And a good handling kart also.

Might depend on track size/shape also. Our track is a smaller more "technical" banked oval, tight turns. so the HP isn't as critical like the tires. But if your running a big momentum never let off track then i believe HP matters and builders do matter.

Stick with the local builder, and get with the best Maxxis tire guy in your area. I'll take the average engine with the best tires any day. I know it gets beat to death, but tires are where it's at. And a good handling kart also.
Thanks Joe,
Honestly don't know anyone who is the best of the best as far as tires are concerned. The Fairfield guys know quite a bit. But since I'm so new I'm not sure where the ceiling is!

If you would have asked this question several years ago I would have said yes shu power but now since all the reverse engineering of builder prepared motors even your local builder will be very competitive!!!! I’ll take a great setup and tires over a great motor anytime but put the three together and you can dominate any given race

There are several national level builders out there to choose from and none of them are slouches, but FMS will have you ready for Maxxis Midwest.

Back