IS CARB CATCH CAN REQUIRED ON DIRT RACING FORLO206 ENGINE?

Ok so was told that LO206 RULES R RULES TO FOLLOW?IF RUNNING MOTOR OK WAS DQ D ONE RACE CAUSE OF SPARK PLUG NOT HAVEING BS LOGO ON PLUG BUT WAS CORRECT PLUG OK WUTEVER FINE .BUT NEXT RACE I NOTICED GUY THAT TOOK FIRST DIDNT HAVE CATCH CANS FOR OIL OR CARB SO MEANTIONED IT TO TECT AND PRESIDENT OF TRACK SAID NO ONLY THOSE RULES GO FOR ASPHALT RACEING AM I IN THE right or wrong on this rule for LO206 RULES WE RUN OUTLAW KARTS WESTCOAST CALI.

Best I can tell you, if in someone elses sandbox, play by their rules.

Most will tell you, abide by the briggs ruleset, will clear most tech.

Welcome to racing.

If they have rules other than the Briggs set, they must be written down somewhere, usually called supplementary rules. If they are not going by written recorded rules available to all you are out of luck they will continue making them on the fly. As far as dirt / asphalt the LO206 rules do not differentiate, I think they are the same for snow and drag.

IMHO
If you add up all the fuel that spills out of all the karts that race on any particular track throughout a racing season i think we would all be shocked.
If the track owner ever wants to sell his property and has to have the soil tested he may be in trouble.
Do yourself, the track owner and mother nature a favor. Use a catch can for the carb weather if it's required or not.
Tire prep is another serious problem.

Most dirt tracks do not require a catch can for the fuel bowl.
I suppose that's up to the track's personal interpretation since it's their property.
I prefer that the 206 runs a catch can for the bowl, alcohol animal engines not so much.

If you want to get real nit-picky, I seriously doubt that anyone's kart will pass tech: safety tech, body work, seat mounting, belt mounting, safety wire, etc etc. You definitely don't want to go down that road with the tech man.

It is the competitor's responsibility to make sure that his car is compliant with the rules. Focus on your car and getting it to the point where you are in scrutineering (tech barn) at the end of each night.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The point here is the track has to indicate and make clear to the competitors which rules they adhere to and which they ignore.

Back