Is indoor dirt racing different than outdoor?

jsf74

Planning on attending our 1st indoor dirt race October 31 and was wondering what to expect different? Im assuming my prep program will be different assuming the dirt reacts differently throughout the night. Any pointers clone light 325 on burris tires. Shipesawana

Well, there's the obvious "roof" over your head, but other than that, pay attention to how deep the dirt is laid down, and what type of dirt (clay mix, etc.) and how much water is put on. Some indoor tracks get crazy with water thinking that they'll keep the dust down, others use calcium, still others it doesn't matter - they turn into dust bowls regardless.
Biggest difference will be in rear stagger based on the size of the track.
You'll be able to sue the same tires and preps, just be aware that the track may change much quicker depending on how it was prepared.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

With indoor racing you eliminate or at least reduce the effect that the weather has on the dirt. I.e. the track usually doesnt go through as many changes as an outdoor track does with the sun.

At the tracks around here, 9 second laps aren't uncommon, which in general there isn't time for a whole lot of thinking to occur. Most indoor tracks we see do not have a second groove which means you have to move someone to pass them. Its fun but its also kind of brutal.

West Tennessee and North Miss. indoor racing is one groove 9 second (even high 8's if it get fast as the day goes) deals.

Makes the body manufactures very happy...........not uncommon to use a brand new one up every weekend. Bump - run and hot tempers are the normal deal. Really sort of like Bristol nascar was back in the day. And predator racing is the worst

*edit* Just remembered that the King of Kings race indoors at Martin, TN was 7 second laps IN PREDATOR BOX STOCK. We qualified with a 7.900 and was 15th out of 30 karts and didn't make the show. They took 14 karts. Pole was 7.67!

I always encourage people new to indoor racing to go “experience” the event before they race. Definitely a lot different than outdoors, I’d run indoor concrete/syrup every week if I could

I always encourage people new to indoor racing to go “experience” the event before they race. Definitely a lot different than outdoors, I’d run indoor concrete/syrup every week if I could
Same here I love concrete syrup racing!!!

Back