Is this the down side to a One Man Kart Stand?

Well today I decided to put my Margay Brava 206 kart on my one man kart stand. Well guess what, some gas ended up hitting the floor and on the ride rear tire. Is this the down side to using a one man kart? Should I clean up gas from right tire? Most of the gas hit the floor right under the right tire area and some on the tire itself. Don't notice it anywhere else. Should I let it evaporate and let it be, not worry about it? Or should I clean it up somehow, if so, with what? Ger.

Well today I decided to put my Margay Brava 206 kart on my one man kart stand. Well guess what, some gas ended up hitting the floor and on the ride rear tire. Is this the down side to using a one man kart? Should I clean up gas from right tire? Most of the gas hit the floor right under the right tire area and some on the tire itself. Don't notice it anywhere else. Should I let it evaporate and let it be, not worry about it? Or should I clean it up somehow, if so, with what? Ger.
How exactly did you get fuel on your right rear tire from picking it up with a one man stand? I have NEVER gotten fuel anywhere near my tires and use nothing but a one man stand

Yeah. It sucks. I prefer to take my Streeter Shorty to the track now if I know help will be there. Draining the carb or clamping a fuel line might help. Sometimes I put a shop rag over the tire. I think the gas does change the grip on the tire a bit.

Yeah. It sucks. I prefer to take my Streeter Shorty to the track now if I know help will be there. Draining the carb or clamping a fuel line might help. Sometimes I put a shop rag over the tire. I think the gas does change the grip on the tire a bit.
I'm honestly asking, how/why does this happen? Do you guys have your fuel tanks near the right rear?

I'm honestly asking, how/why does this happen? Do you guys have your fuel tanks near the right rear?
We are using a Stone type kart stands where you tilt up the front and drop the rear. If we had Streeters we'd be all set.

The only engine with the tank over the right rear would be a flathead. Fuel shutoff valves and a carb drain first will help with leaking fuel.

Angle of carb when letting the kart down with the stand will cause a little fuel to drain out the vent of the carb.

I’m new to karting and I just bought a one man stand that is similar. I ran into the same exact issue and am wondering if I could get some advice. While lifting my kart from the front and balancing it on the rear bumper I noticed gas leaking before I could get the stand underneath and level it out. I have a lo206 like the op. I noticed gas on my air filter, my tire, and the ground of course. As I look at the fuel line, I don’t see a shut-off. Is this something I should just deal with? Will it damage my air filter and tire? I’m a complete noob, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Should all be fine. Shutoff would be on the tank and that's all dependant on what tank you have. It's leaking out of the pulse pump on the top plate but everything will be fine gas can't hurt it that bad.

Should all be fine. Shutoff would be on the tank and that's all dependant on what tank you have. It's leaking out of the pulse pump on the top plate but everything will be fine gas can't hurt it that bad.
Ok thanks for the help. I have a Tony, and cannot seem to see the shut-off on the tank. Maybe installing one is the first step into making this into a less messy issue.

Last edited:
I don't know how big your tank is or if it's column or floor mounted but I run oval and use just a little plastic (gman?) tank and it has a twist shutoff on the side. Our kart lifts grab the rear bumper so spilling fuel isn't a problem even on my old man's with a column mounted tank with no shutoff. Do you have to lift the front then slide stand under it? Never seen one that the front goes up first.

66196BF4-1934-4E7A-812C-55E15A7D9139.jpeg

Here is a pic of my tank, no shut-off. I’m wondering what the best spot would be to install one. I’m assuming as close to the carb as possible? And yes, I bought a stilleto one man kart stand, the top pivots down in order to sneak the hooks around the frame under the engine, then after I have the kart almost vertical with the bumper on the ground, I pull the front end down to get it level and lock it in place.
630EFA13-5591-4CF4-A146-7D55A91C6607.jpeg

Now that I know the back is going up first I wouldn't worry about putting a shutoff in. Take the RR tire off before you put it on the stand and drain the bowl on the carb then put tire back on and put it on the stand.

I would try pinching the fuel line shut first . That may not do it .
There are only a few places fuel can come from . Figure out which it is . Then what too do about it . Plug , catch can or just a cover for the tire ..
Gasoline on the tire is not a benifit .

gas is a great fire off prep! Adds bite quick! :)

Heck, there is actually a guy at our local track here in FL that washes his tires with gas! He actually wins a lot of races too!

I assume . you lift the front up roll the stand in and under , tilt it down and up it comes .
The teeter totter effect .

Last edited:
Back