Is this the down side to a One Man Kart Stand?

Yes, The top pivots where the frame of the kart rests. After I pull the front in the air, a little bit past a 45* I roll the stand under and it hooks on the side rails / frame. I then simply pull the front end down and it locks in place. I’m wondering if I made a bad purchase here, it’s my first stand. Anyways, gas goes every where while I have it on the rear bumper.

The fuel in the bowl of the carb is going to leak out when you lift the kart like this. As noted, if it bugs you, you can empty the bowl prior to putting the kart up. The only thing I do is to remove the air filter prior to lifting the front of the kart so that the fuel isn't taking the oil out of my filter. Otherwise, I just let it go...it evaporates quickly.

The fuel in the bowl of the carb is going to leak out when you lift the kart like this. As noted, if it bugs you, you can empty the bowl prior to putting the kart up. The only thing I do is to remove the air filter prior to lifting the front of the kart so that the fuel isn't taking the oil out of my filter. Otherwise, I just let it go...it evaporates quickly.
Thanks, I will definitely try that. The guy in the video conveniently left the part out that he probably already did that.

Back