ISO Black VanK Wheels

Douglas wont make them and neither will WMS . Van K is the only choice you have they are getting better may be some left at Palmetto but they came and went pretty fast had 2 10s on may cart went to pay and were out of stock. managed to get several 8.5s and a 6.5 while i could

We've got some in stock, but are continuing to reserve sales to our Vector Cutz tire customers only until VanK can get caught up with back-orders.
At the rate that cut tire orders are coming in versus wheels coming in, these shortages may be here for a while yet.

You've heard the saying "We're all in this together," Well, this is no different. The manufacturer(s) are doing their best, as are the dealers.
Lots of patience and grace is needed with everyone. We'll get through this eventually. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Lol I bought some at the beginning of the year and still haven't received them. I don't plan to by from van k or trj karting ever again. So many excuses and nobody ever knew when I'd get them and I still haven't. Screw them both.

Good luck.
I think you are going to find yourself disappointed with virtually every karting vendor for the foreseeable future then.

JPM Karting...perfectly stated. I've recently looked into karting wheels inventories at multiple vendors and everyone I contacted is in the same boat, no new wheels available - out of stock. Come on guys, unless you live under a rock, there is a aluminum shortage due to Covid just like many other commodities these days. Aluminum that is available will only go to items that are needed to sustain our lively hood these days, so companies that manufacture aluminum karting wheels we be on the bottom of the list as the wheels that we all seem to crave do nothing to allow us to live and breath. At this rate, beer drinking may become a thing of the past too as aluminum is required for beer cans and kegs too...:rolleyes:

I think you are going to find yourself disappointed with virtually every karting vendor for the foreseeable future then.
I don't see the benefit of having a company with all the knowledge of what's going on and then not communicating that information to your customers. If you have no knowledge, and I have to go to the company myself, that makes you pointless, and if I go to the company and they don't even know what's going on, that makes them pointless. You're right, it has been VERY disappointing. Being brand new to the sport, your comment didn't help much.

Bottom line any legit service oriented shop would not have you pay ahead of time for wheels, there not a special order and if you don't take them once they come in there's 100 others that would

I don't see the benefit of having a company with all the knowledge of what's going on and then not communicating that information to your customers. If you have no knowledge, and I have to go to the company myself, that makes you pointless, and if I go to the company and they don't even know what's going on, that makes them pointless. You're right, it has been VERY disappointing. Being brand new to the sport, your comment didn't help much
1. The companies don't have all the knowledge of whats going on...none of us do. One day a supplier might get in 2 cases of wheels...they might not get any for the next 3 months after that. There is no rhyme, reason, or expectation as to when product is available. There are/were 3 companies that make wheels...VanK, Douglas, and WMS.....VanK is severely short on material as well as machinery to make wheels (reference their Facebook posts to get a better understanding). Douglas has withdrawn from the karting industry all together to focus on other avenues, and WMS had some health issues within their team that has hurt their productivity. Combine all of that with a material shortage as well.

2. When you ordered wheels, did you just order them online and wait? Or did you reach out to the company directly and say "hey, before I order these wheels via your online store, what is your availability?"

I don't see how my comment doesn't help....if you are not happy with your experience in trying to purchase an item from a vendor that is VERY difficult to get right now, I don't think you will see much of a better experience with any other company. Everyone is in the same boat when it comes to wheels. Like Brian mentioned above, any tire guy is reserving new wheel sales for customers who are wanting to purchase new tires from them. There is virtually zero mark-up in tires and wheels, profit is made in the labor. So guys like Brian are making sure they can sell their profitable service (tire work) by having material product in hand to do so with (not cutting off their nose to spite their face).

I don't see the benefit of having a company with all the knowledge of what's going on and then not communicating that information to your customers. If you have no knowledge, and I have to go to the company myself, that makes you pointless, and if I go to the company and they don't even know what's going on, that makes them pointless. You're right, it has been VERY disappointing. Being brand new to the sport, your comment didn't help much.
Easy boss. He is just making a valid statement from years & years of experience. We all have to grind through the supply shortage right now. Maybe buy used or look into a sellout and be first in line.

It was a great thing just not too long ago you could go to a kart shop and buy whatever you needed whenever you needed it. (even when you didn't need it.....) But that will come back if we all keep driving on together.

1. The companies don't have all the knowledge of whats going on...none of us do. One day a supplier might get in 2 cases of wheels...they might not get any for the next 3 months after that. There is no rhyme, reason, or expectation as to when product is available. There are/were 3 companies that make wheels...VanK, Douglas, and WMS.....VanK is severely short on material as well as machinery to make wheels (reference their Facebook posts to get a better understanding). Douglas has withdrawn from the karting industry all together to focus on other avenues, and WMS had some health issues within their team that has hurt their productivity. Combine all of that with a material shortage as well.

2. When you ordered wheels, did you just order them online and wait? Or did you reach out to the company directly and say "hey, before I order these wheels via your online store, what is your availability?"

I don't see how my comment doesn't help....if you are not happy with your experience in trying to purchase an item from a vendor that is VERY difficult to get right now, I don't think you will see much of a better experience with any other company. Everyone is in the same boat when it comes to wheels. Like Brian mentioned above, any tire guy is reserving new wheel sales for customers who are wanting to purchase new tires from them. There is virtually zero mark-up in tires and wheels, profit is made in the labor. So guys like Brian are making sure they can sell their profitable service (tire work) by having material product in hand to do so with (not cutting off their nose to spite their face).
JP, you gotta stop making so much sense and stating facts 😂

Unfortunately, regardless of how much you try to explain to some people, there are those who can't grasp the basic concepts of supply and demand, logistics, and paper thin profit margins.

I'm a big believer in "dollar voting". If you truly believe a company did you wrong, it's easy enough to take your business elsewhere. But when you believe they all did you wrong, might be time for a little self reflection.

Thank you for the clarification. VanK and TRJ are number 1 on google. I did what I thought was my homework and don't have anyone local enough to go to for questions. I know I'm beating a dead horse and it was wrong to say screw them. Just extremely frustrated, my son saved forever for new wheels and tires, mounted. We bought them in early June. TRJ and VanK have the same excuses and its mainly what you repeated, it just feels like I'm getting past up because I'm new and don't know anyone reputable enough to help me out. We have used stuff. I went through this same mess with Burris and I'm just tired of not having my stuff

JP, you gotta stop making so much sense and stating facts 😂

Unfortunately, regardless of how much you try to explain to some people, there are those who can't grasp the basic concepts of supply and demand, logistics, and paper thin profit margins.

I'm a big believer in "dollar voting". If you truly believe a company did you wrong, it's easy enough to take your business elsewhere. But when you believe they all did you wrong, might be time for a little self reflection.
Not helpful. I'm not stupid, just new. Thank you though.

Dude. I need one set. And some and big teams are getting them by the truck load. Shortage or not, teams are getting wheels and tires and I'm getting hosed. Have fun hooking your friends up, but when they're the only ones left in the sport, its you, that's going to be butt hurt and looking stupid.

Dude. I need one set. And you assholes, and big teams are getting them by the truck load. Shortage or not, teams are getting wheels and tires and I'm getting hosed. Have fun hooking your friends up, but when they're the only ones left in the sport, its you, that's going to be butt hurt and looking stupid.
You'll make it real far in the sport with that attitude.

And for your reference, I am the last thing from a big team, although you may be right with the ******* part 🙃.

For what it's worth, I've never bought a new rim in my life 👌

Back