It is too bad social media has eclipsed it's original format.

Don K

I remember when Bob's never had less than a hundred online.

Too bad the machine and app in hand have dumbed down children to the point of blind non-association.

DK

I took Granddaughter too Stennis Space Center today .
She was not impressed by the Apollo 5 Rocket Engine .
That thing is huge !
Loved the video stuff .

Totally agree.

Our oldest son, AJ, just got back from a youth tour of Gettysburg & DC.
Some of the smartest kids from our state were there and he said that they all just kept staring at their phones the whole time.
(I guess the 16 hour bus ride was not enough online time for them.) Talk about a lack of building social skills!
What an amazing experience and most kids saw more Facebook than they did real history.

As parents and grandparents, we all need to do better.
Thanks,
Brian Carlson

Totally agree.

Our oldest son, AJ, just got back from a youth tour of Gettysburg & DC.
Some of the smartest kids from our state were there and he said that they all just kept staring at their phones the whole time.
(I guess the 16 hour bus ride was not enough online time for them.) Talk about a lack of building social skills!
What an amazing experience and most kids saw more Facebook than they did real history.

As parents and grandparents, we all need to do better.
Thanks,
Brian Carlson
we just came back from Gettysburg, was there for the 4th, what a great place, you could feel it

Funny though as i look around . The wife's playing digital cards , the girl is on you tube abd I'm on BOB'S ?

I see it in the evenings too flattop Im about to lose it and be the mean
Dad real direct.. it drives me nuts( as I post this from my device at work) I’m such a hypocrite.... ??‍♂️

Both my grandchildren are punished by their parents when bad by taking their I pads away from them. Their nose is glued to it all the time. My grandson wants to race but until he puts that I pod away when he comes here and comes to the garage with me, no way is he karting. Pretty bad when a type of discipline is removing a computer from the child. My wife is a lead at her place of work and she has so many issues with new young people using the phone during work hrs. Kinda makes ya wonder where we are headed

...My wife is a lead at her place of work and she has so many issues with new young people using the phone during work hrs. Kinda makes ya wonder where we are headed

That's right. I know of business that we have lost because we do not have an online shopping cart or accept texts for orders here through the shop. Even with business hours of 8-6, there are still people who want to order outside of those hours online (a-la Amazon) or text their orders from their workplace (since they are not allowed to use their phones - funny they are using them to text, but I guess that's allowed.)

It's just a sign of the times.
People share pictures of what they're having for dinner with 5000 friends on Facebook, but won't pick up the phone to call the actual 5 friends they have in reality. Social skills (in-person face to face stuff) are plummeting big-time. Even employers are dropping personal interviews for online or text interviews. (I hope they aren't checking for sentence structure, grammar, and syntax.)

The last I checked, "cursive" was still a style of writing, not a method of speaking. (or maybe lyrics to current music) :)

Saw this I think a year ago and this topic reminded me of it lol.

So sad...…...granted they are young (I'm not even sure when I learned how to read an a clock haha)

Back