Jack Shaft

sundog

Looking at the Burris jackshaft to convert a Euro kart for LO206. First instinct is to go with the DE shaft and use an outboard axle sprocket but is there any advantage to using the SE shaft other than only one chain guard?

Thanks,
Sundog

A jackshaft is going to rob valuable HP. Some euro style karts have the seat brace far enough forward to fit a 206. You need at least 1.75 inches in front of the bearing hanger. If you don't have that, it is fairly simple to cut the seat bar and weld in a tube further forward. We have done 3 karts with good results.

^^^Agree with him^^^
We have installed a LO 206 in a Tony Kart and an SKM with excellent results. With that being said we did have a few minor problems regarding fitment. If I were to do it again I would sell both 2-cycle karts and buy a 4-cycle chassis.

I have both 2&4 cycle chassis but I need the wider rear track for certain tracks because I'm big and tall and don't want to flip. I'll have to measure where that rail is, thanks for the number.

Sundog

"Looking at the Burris jackshaft to convert a Euro kart for LO206. First instinct is to go with the DE shaft and use an outboard axle sprocket but is there any advantage to using the SE shaft other than only one chain guard?"

We have sold several hundred of these jackshaft kits and have not had one complaint about power loss. People that tell you that don't know what they are talking about and the results show it. Some jackshafts with a belt have problems with power loss but its due more to the high belt tension wearing out the bearings and not an initial power loss. This is the cheapest and cleanest method for fitting a 4 cycle on a Euro sprint kart and we probably have 50 or 60 units out in the field being used for this application. Hope this helps.

Mike

FWIW, there are lots of LO206 motors on 'Euro' sprint frames (Birel, Tony, Arrow, etc., etc.) up here in Canada, and no jackshafts in sight. I'm not sure why you would need one?

We have two Birels with 206's and there are multiple year Birels, Merlin's etc with them at our track and non with a Jack shaft. Some needed the seat post moved (not the Birels) but all worked.

Back