Jawa questions

drtracr

What is involved in putting a Jawa on a kart? Anyone make a mount? Can the same mount be used for the GM engine? Looks like Jawa will be the engine to win with.

maybe this guy can help........
imag02708x6.jpg

What is involved in putting a Jawa on a kart? Anyone make a mount? Can the same mount be used for the GM engine? Looks like Jawa will be the engine to win with.

When a Jawa shows up and you don't have a Jawa your racing for second. They are bad to the bone.

A Jawa is just another engine package it takes the whole package to win and sometimes a lot of luck .

The Jawa on Mullis's kart at Thunder had them covered from the drop of the flag, he would have still won with a mediocre handling kart with that much power. The stock 450 Honda's and Yamaha's were at a huge HP disadvantage when compared to THAT Jawa.

After being there at the THUNDER in Carnesville, GA last weekend and watching his kart fly on rails. Hey I came close to buying a complete kart setup with a CRF450 at the thunder for $4,800 and I brought the cash and trailer to bring it back to South Florida and I said no way I am going with the JAWA 500cc . So I am ordering complete rebuilt JAWA 500cc model number 889 -10-208 it is a speedway motor with 90mm bore and 78 mm stroke at over 75 to 85 hp depends on carb and pipe setup on methanol. For motor only $3,750 plus carb price around $400 and then have a custom fab motor mount solid billet would be the ticket . The use a motorcycle megaphone exhaust pipe for that wicked sound . Cody racing in CA sells the motor and the best part is rebuilt will only cost $350 or top end only $200.. Note my Wankel AXIRO XR 50 is very fast on rails but the Jawa 500cc is stupid fast on rails . Check out the guys and girls up in NWUAS they are racing the JAWA 500cc up there at Sunset Race Way in Spokane ,WA. NWUAS run what you brung series(RWYB)

After being there at the THUNDER in Carnesville, GA last weekend and watching his kart fly on rails. Hey I came close to buying a complete kart setup with a CRF450 at the thunder for $4,800 and I brought the cash and trailer to bring it back to South Florida and I said no way I am going with the JAWA 500cc . So I am ordering complete rebuilt JAWA 500cc model number 889 -10-208 it is a speedway motor with 90mm bore and 78 mm stroke at over 75 to 85 hp depends on carb and pipe setup on methanol. For motor only $3,750 plus carb price around $400 and then have a custom fab motor mount solid billet would be the ticket . The use a motorcycle megaphone exhaust pipe for that wicked sound . Cody racing in CA sells the motor and the best part is rebuilt will only cost $350 or top end only $200.. Note my Wankel AXIRO XR 50 is very fast on rails but the Jawa 500cc is stupid fast on rails . Check out the guys and girls up in NWUAS they are racing the JAWA 500cc up there at Sunset Race Way in Spokane ,WA. NWUAS run what you brung series(RWYB)

That's funny george you were going to come by never saw u nobody I talked to has ever saw u do u really exist.So u build what u wont. The set up that was at thunder Cost around 10000.00 and THAT was not including labor built by the best kart builder in the business Harold Wigging at phantom racing and drove by one of the best drivers in the nation Mullens and we were only 3 tents of his pace for half the money .

george. if you have a wankelput a set of dual 340 or 344 on one of my custom manifolds and run w/ the jawa! ron pritt and zac lamb did! zac near lapped field @ liberty ,ky this wkend and ron won 1st time out ! jmo.bad fast alky! no heat problems and 10% pwer gain. yow can run the jawa w/ wankel on gas. seay can make them fly! john

george. if you have a wankelput a set of dual 340 or 344 on one of my custom manifolds and run w/ the jawa! ron pritt and zac lamb did! zac near lapped field @ liberty ,ky this wkend and ron won 1st time out ! jmo.bad fast alky! no heat problems and 10% pwer gain. yow can run the jawa w/ wankel on gas. seay can make them fly! john

Yow was not even close to the jawa on the wankle and the jawa was not running hard at all. the wankle dual carbs or not does not make enough power to out run the jawa if both karts are right.

Last edited:
That's funny george you were going to come by never saw u nobody I talked to has ever saw u do u really exist.
That's funny. I remember the same statements made about George quite a few years ago. He does exist.

I don´t agree at all. In fact the JAWA will require to work on your setup even harder than any other package. Ask Robbie Sarchet about tires unable to keep together at GKK with his JAWA in practice. Many of you are forgetting the teams running the top engines, very professional people working on karts and excellent drivers driving them. I have seen Yow winning a bunch of races in a row on the BRC and many people thinking he was unbeatable because of his engine package, same thing they used to think about the Wankels, about duals before, and so on. And I can´t believe you can rebuild the engine for $350. How much is a rod to start with? Do you know how much money Sarchet´s engine had just in the injection sistem? I agree the JAWAs seems to be monsters of power and torque, but most times in the UAS races the top are within 2 or 3 tenths maximum from each other and I have never seen anyone with a bad setup able to even keep up with the rest doesn´t matter what engine he/she was on. Eve n with my moderate 131 Ital I have had tons of issues till I found the right setup compared to the stock classes, so more power will give you more trouble to just keep it in the track. 1st thing are tires and setup. In some races in CUAS and VUAS the top stock classes have been very close in lap times to the UAS because even if they don´t have the speed we have in the straights their setup allows them to be way faster through the turns. JMO

Ever know someone who says "I was going to buy this....which I considered the BEST ever, until I saw THAT which definately was the best ever.....and so instead....I bought nothing at all. See ya' at the track."

Ever know someone who says "I was going to buy this....which I considered the BEST ever, until I saw THAT which definately was the best ever.....and so instead....I bought nothing at all. See ya' at the track."

PD, that was funny! I almost spit my drink on the keyboard!

That jawa on the wiggins kart was fast... But the 450 on the kart buff rode was almost as bad and it didn't puke its internals at the end. Another 10 feet and it would have been buff. Awesome race to watch and the drivers really were impressive...

Back